News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

when ever placing and ad.. location?????????

Started by mopar1charger, November 15, 2006, 11:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar1charger

you know WHY is it that most of all the guys/girls that are on this web sight DO NOT have there location on there profile... are we to scared to give the city or just the state. this would cut down on the NUMBER one question where are you located at....  lets make it manditory when signing up one charger.net ... to give some area that the are close to maybe not in the same town... something!!!!!!!!!!   my two cents

Neal_J

Mr_fixit

I don't agree.  You want to know, ask. Instead of the world knowing, only those that might be interested in the part will know.

twilt

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:
Not everyone here is here primarily for sales purposes.
BTW, the site has a special section for concerns like this. It is called the  Site suggestions/help desk.

69charger2002

i agree.. but then again i don't mind posting my location. no biggie. but privacy is an option
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

rt green

on the other hand, you could live real close to another member and not even know it. i would think it would be ok to put down se ohio, or northen fla, ya know.   
third string oil changer

Troy

You're talking about two different things. If you want it to be mandatory to post a location in an ad that's one thing (and I agree). However, it will never be mandatory to list a location in a user profile. As mentioned, not everyone is here only for the classifieds - they are actually the lowest trafficked sections of the site other than this section. I am working on adding a member map so anyone who chooses to make thier location public will have the ability to share. While it would be handy to have the information in other areas of the site it is not as important as having contact information in an ad. I am planning a redesign of the classifieds to remedy the situation.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Brock Samson

Ooh,..  Member's map...    :yesnod:
that tonight boss?..

Troy

Problem with the Member's Map that I was trying to use - too many "pins" will lock up a browser and there's no easy way to configure it. I don't know what the limit is though.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Charger1973

Quote from: Troy on November 20, 2006, 12:09:41 PM
Problem with the Member's Map that I was trying to use - too many "pins" will lock up a browser and there's no easy way to configure it. I don't know what the limit is though.

Troy

I know nothing about setting up a map system like that, but is there a possibility to maybe search state to state instead of the entire country or world?  That would cut down on the # of pins quite a bit. 

Also I agree on the ads, it is annoying when there is no location, which there rarely ever is.  Price is another thing I think should be posted but I know some people dont like to name their price on certain things so that would be harder to do.