News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Kansas to teach Intelligent Design

Started by CFMopar, August 28, 2005, 09:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nh_mopar_fan

How's that search for the missing link going? :stirthepot:

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Vainglory, Esq.

Telvis

Didn't mean to open a can of worms. Just expressing my opinion.

derailed

Quote from: Telvis on August 31, 2005, 02:27:24 PM
Didn't mean to open a can of worms. Just expressing my opinion.
Well at least you stated it as your opinion.

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

Dale The Bold

I always view Intelligent Design as "Evolution with a Director."

But some people get really offended at the notion of a Director.  They prefer the logic of "a bunch of stuff randomly happened."  Otherwise known as the "magic dust" theory, lol.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

RD

Quote from: Dale The Bold on September 01, 2005, 09:24:04 AM
I always view Intelligent Design as "Evolution with a Director."

But some people get really offended at the notion of a Director.   They prefer the logic of "a bunch of stuff randomly happened."   Otherwise known as the "magic dust" theory, lol.

thats an interesting way to put it. I, too, have heard this line of thinking.  The director being either aliens or someone omnipotent.  The magic dust theory huh?  Is that the stuff that makes people hallucinogenic? :D

FastbackJon

Quote from: Thread_Marshal on August 31, 2005, 10:47:28 AM
What physical proof of ID is their? Just out of curiosity. I really want to know.

Like I said i dont think it shouldnt be taught but not in a science class As I dont seen any physical means of proving it.

And there's physical means to prove evolution and the big bang??

All that theory is, is a way to justify our existance without God.

Do you realize that MANY scientific things about our earth point to it only being about 6,000 years old? It is true.

Here's a good site for that stuff:
http://answersingenesis.org/home/area/faq/young.asp

Dinosaurs are even mentioned in the Bible.

It takes more faith to believe that there was a big explosion, then a cell came from nothing, and that it grew to a bigger organism on the earth, which split and evolved into millions of different beings, rather than admitting that God spoke and it was.

And even from an Evolutionary standpoint, if you did get all the scientific stuff covered about where animals come from, , and found tons of missing links (which no one has found yet), etc, you still can't explain where our spirit and souls come from.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Vainglory, Esq.

The fossil record is physical proof of evolution, and there's no way that any legitimate scientist believes that they're only 6000 years old.   Besides, the evidence that is coming from our increasing understanding of relativity points to a finite, boundless universe.

I think it takes far less faith to believe that where we are is a product of physical and earthly processes than it does to believe in things like a burning bush and so-called miracles that have no record except that which was passed down orally and then copied by hand over thousands of years.   No one still believes Homer or the epic of Gilgamesh.

Indeed, the very idea that an omnipotent being must have had something to do with our creation because of the mystery and complexity of it all is an invalid question, seeing as we never would have asked that question had any of the infinite other possibilities of the universe obtained.   Either that, or those beings that did exist would marvel at their own existence and seek to explain it using the same stunted logic.   In any case, many modern Christian religions, including Roman Catholicism, in which I was raised and schooled, fully believe in evolution, and see no reason to force their followers to look to a deity to explain anything but the very beginning of natural processes.   I had a scripture teacher who constantly emphasized that the early Bible, e.g. Genesis, is not about what actually happened, but about the spiritual message.  Given that, science ought to be concerned only with science, and religion only with religion.  Mixing the two, or trying to explain away a valid scientific theory based on "revelations" is irresponsible, and I can't see how people (outside of a few fundamentalist faiths) would let a vocal minority hijack physical sciences.

lumpy

The fossil record is proof of evolution?? Really, so you are an expert in this field , right? I believe in the written word of God and I'm a guessin' you don't, that's O.K. I suppose you think people are born gay, and abortion is a women's right to choose? It all goes right along with your line of thinking. You know, you sound so educated and all, probably learned all this in college , I suppose.

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.