News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1974 charger window motor

Started by rudyjrusa, November 17, 2006, 11:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudyjrusa

how do you remove the window motor from a 1974 charger??  do you have to remove the glass first and then the whole mechanizism??

rudyjrusa

Mr_fixit

The window stays. You'll need to remove the regulator with the motor.  You'll have to figure out which are the correct bolts to remove that hold the regulator to the door. You might also need to loosen the track where it bolts to the bottom of the door. I'm not sure, it's been a long time.

rudyjrusa

Quote from: Mr_fixit on November 28, 2006, 08:59:47 PM
The window stays. You'll need to remove the regulator with the motor.  You'll have to figure out which are the correct bolts to remove that hold the regulator to the door. You might also need to loosen the track where it bolts to the bottom of the door. I'm not sure, it's been a long time.

thanks for the info - i will try it this weekend - i guess the motor and regulator come out of the hole on the bottom of the door??  once i get the motor and regulator out of door - do i have to be carefull in removing the motor??  is there a way to hold the regulator so it does not spin??   i heard it can be dangerous.