News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

will probably be selling my 70 project soon

Started by 69bananabeast, August 28, 2005, 11:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bananabeast

Times are tight and More rust and experience needed than I bargained for.    My 440 including gear swap and posi put together will have  cost about 8500-10k total .   I still have to pay machine shop 1900 for machining and assembly and im pretty tight as it is with 1500 for the month and  I got my first ticket in driving three years a couple of weeks ago.  Thats another 150 bucks im out.   

Its going to be hard to let her go but I dont have the money nor do I have the most time right now with college and a part time job.   In my view this would be for the best since ill be able to concentrate on saving for front disk's on my 69 and then I will be done ( after dropping in the 440 of course.)   I just feel like I dont have enough experience in the subject would be half of it .  needs new floor pan on drivers side aroud pedals . The quarters have some holes in the back otherwise a pretty solid and straight car. Oops almost forgot about the trunk , and by the way It's shot to heck  big hole in it. 

By means of selling it . My best friends dad has a friend at work and his son is looking for a charger.  Im not fully counting on this  as a high chance of sale , since they will probably want one in better condition than what I have.  Basically I will be selling on Egouge if it does not go through with them . Also the engine will prbably not be runing when I put it in the car, most likely since I wont have time to make it work ( also dont know how good the wiring is )

As far as I know of the cars history . I know im probably at least the third owner . Hasnt been registered since 73 .  I believe its an F4 or F8 car.  Was originally a 383 auto (was told 318 car)  will now be putting in a 318 .

Engine : 318
Comp:  originally 8.6     , now????  (has 360 heads)
Heads: as stated above 360 heads
Intake : M1 Single Plane
cam:  Unknown  ( believed to be around .480 lift area
Rear: 8 3/4  (believe its 489 case )
gear: prolly 2.70 area

All I can remember for now . Any one know how much I could probably get for this ? I picked it up for 1700(not including motor) , and prices have gone up since so I really dont know what would be a good value for it .

Pictures at http://photobucket.com/albums/y180/69bananabeast/?start=20

Also the car doesnt look that primer white anymore , a faded green now.
Carb: Holley 750 Vac 2nd
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

BigBlockSam

holy smokes. big project. where do you live?
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

41husk

put it up for sale on here first before paying ebay to sell.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

cudaken

If you have the room to keep her let sleep for now. If you need the money for the 69, then it might be worth selling.

Some of my car's sat for 10 year's with out me really doing anything with them. Did not a thing let them slep. Charger does not look that bad to me, but then again I have been doing Mopar's around 20 year plus. I got over my weak stomach when it came to rust.

Cuda Ken
I am back

69bananabeast

1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)