News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NAME THIS MOPAR SWITCH

Started by SFbullitt, November 20, 2006, 02:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFbullitt

I can't seem to figure out where this came from.  It' s a 60's/70's switch.

Nacho-RT74

of course, is from a convertable car :D

lates B bodies used that same switch to rear defrost, just reversing it to get the right lettering. Does it says Rear deffog on back of knob ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

SFbullitt

I thought that the r. defrost button is a rocker switch?  Similar to the flasher switch on the 68-69-70 charger cluster? 

Plumcrazy

Quote from: SFbullitt on November 20, 2006, 03:42:02 PM
I thought that the r. defrost button is a rocker switch?  Similar to the flasher switch on the 68-69-70 charger cluster? 

The 70 cluster is different than the other two years.  In 70 they moved the flasher switch to the column.  The rear defrost also moved to the right of the heater controls.

The knob may have top on one side and r defrost on the other.
If that switch is a three position momentary switch it would be a conv top switch.  If it has three locking positions then its probably a rear defrost switch.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

471_Magnum

Quote from: Plumcrazy on November 20, 2006, 08:09:48 PM

The 70 cluster is different than the other two years.  In 70 they moved the flasher switch to the column.  The rear defrost also moved to the right of the heater controls.

The knob may have top on one side and r defrost on the other.
If that switch is a three position momentary switch it would be a conv top switch.  If it has three locking positions then its probably a rear defrost switch.

:iagree:
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

SFbullitt

That's good info, I didn't know that about the 70 switch.  I looked on the back and nothing is there.  Now, I guess we should start figuring out what convertible was out in the late 60's early 70's that this could be used for.  I have to imagine someone out there is looking for this.  I was going to post it on ebay to see if anyone is looking for it.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: SFbullitt on November 21, 2006, 11:27:50 AM
I have to imagine someone out there is looking for this. 

:ahum: :wave:

Is there a PN on the switch?
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

SFbullitt

WHOA!!!  THAT'S IT!!!!  Thanks to your picture I see where it goes too!  Is yours a 69?

69CoronetRT

Quote from: SFbullitt on November 21, 2006, 06:57:52 PM
WHOA!!!  THAT'S IT!!!!  Thanks to your picture I see where it goes too!  Is yours a 69?

Yes. 69 R/T convertible
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

SFbullitt

Okay, I'm really confused now.  The dash in my car has a hole for it and it's a charger  ???   I thought the def. switch was in the cluster for the charger.....If you flip my switch around it does in fact say defrost.  The car is a barn find.....still decoding it.  It does have the rear blower in tact.

69CoronetRT

The switches are similar but apparently used the same knob. Check it to see if it is a momentary switch for a convertible top or stays on when you activate it.

SFbullitt

Yeah coronet, it is stationary 2 cylcle.  2  clicks and it holds position.

Plumcrazy

That would make it a rear defrost switch.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.