News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Photoshop Thread

Started by ds440, November 27, 2006, 09:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Thanks DS...great work again! :icon_smile_cool:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69bronzeT5

Ok, hopefully the last one. A charcoal grey 69 RT with a black RT stripe and..........................torque thrusts :icon_smile_big:

mikepmcs

Cody,
that would look very similar, if i'm not mistaken, to the second pic he did for you on page 15 of this thread.   :thumbs:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

69bronzeT5

I thought the same thing but my dad would really like to see it with actual torque thrusts

ds440

Torque thrusts...
1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

HITMAN 149

Ok, hopefully the last one. A charcoal grey 69 RT with a black RT stripe and..........................torque thrusts

um..oh yea....
                                                               signed,
                                                                bronze's dad

mua-hahahahaha
:devil:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

69bronzeT5

Thanks for all the great work DS!!! We're probally gonna go with charcoal grey/ black rt stripe and chrome torque thrusts (or mayve magnum 500s). You've deffintley made picturing the car in that colour with those wheels REALLY easy. Thanks man.

LL1 1967 Coronet

YOU DO GGR-R-REAT WORK MAN!  Is it possible for you to add a pinstripe to my car?  If possible could you try adding a white line dual pinstripe located just below the upper character line. This dual stripe was appox 1/8 and 3/16" and was optional on 67 Coronet R/T's. I can send a pic of an actual Coronet R/T if you need that for reference. Thanks....a bundle!

ds440

I've had a few people ask me about my '68.  Here it is (someday).

The first image is what it looked like from the factory; stripe delete, steelies (thanks again, hemigeno).  Not sure if the dogdishes are the correct ones, though.

The others are what I'm planning on.  I'm still undecided on some things (like keeping the front bumperettes).  Anyway, I plan on making it somewhat stock in appearance...with all modern upgrades.  Wolf in sheep's clothing... :devil:

...now I need to either start playing the lottery or learn how to blackmail - then I'd be set.

ds440

Quote from: LL1 1967 Coronet on March 29, 2007, 03:48:44 PM
YOU DO GGR-R-REAT WORK MAN!  Is it possible for you to add a pinstripe to my car?  If possible could you try adding a white line dual pinstripe located just below the upper character line. This dual stripe was appox 1/8 and 3/16" and was optional on 67 Coronet R/T's. I can send a pic of an actual Coronet R/T if you need that for reference. Thanks....a bundle!

Sure thing.  Quick question: when you say 'dual' pinstripe are you talking about running a stripe just below the upper character line and running one just ABOVE the lower character line (I think I saw that in an ad once)?  Or do you want two lines just along the upper?  Maybe a pic would help. ;) :yesnod:

LL1 1967 Coronet

Two thin lines along the upper.  In real life... one is about 1/8" of an inch with a little space (maybe 1/4") and the other about 3/16".  White.

This was on the upper only.  BTW, you're super good at Photo Shop, maybe that's your way into the big bucks? Good Luck!

ds440

Here you go, LL1.

The stripes are just a touch larger than what you asked for.  I made them close to (what I thought was) the dimensions you posted.  But you could barely see them....so I punched them up just a touch so that you could get a better idea of what they look like. 

Hope it helps. ;)

Musicman

Hey DS... just wondering what version of Photoshop you have been using for all this stuff your doing here?

Mike

LL1 1967 Coronet

DS - you are the greatest. Seriously, theres a HUGE market for what you're doing. As a suggestion, you may run a free ad in MCG and charge for your services. I'm sure it could make you some extra dough. And by the way, thank you very much for doing that for me (for free) Tom

Brock Samson

yeah thanks from me again too...
your silver '68 looks fantastic with the mods...
this thread is won (lol) of my all time favs!!!

dads_69

DS440 I need a favor. I've been away from my photo shop drawings for a while, out of touch you might say. can you hammer out another car for me if possible? Its a '70 Dart Swinger F8 green w/a white top and tail stripe. I'm putting on weld wheels also if thats doable also. I'm trying to get a photos for you to do also to copy.
Thanks..Keep up the great work.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

ds440

Quote from: Musicman on March 29, 2007, 06:05:50 PM
Hey DS... just wondering what version of Photoshop you have been using for all this stuff your doing here?

Adobe Photoshop CS2.  ;)

Quote from: LL1 1967 Coronet on March 29, 2007, 06:14:50 PM
DS - you are the greatest. Seriously, theres a HUGE market for what you're doing. As a suggestion, you may run a free ad in MCG and charge for your services. I'm sure it could make you some extra dough. And by the way, thank you very much for doing that for me (for free) Tom

Oh...I've tried.  No bites.  I'm an industrial designer for a living and have some experience in automotive design.  I've tried to partner with some restoration/hot rod shops, but no takers.  It's a whole 'nother subject - this thread is just my way of helping some of the people who have helped me.  The information here is invaluable. :yesnod:  If I can help people here, then that's cool.  The rest of the automotive world...that's a different story. :yesnod: :angel:

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 29, 2007, 06:27:06 PM
yeah thanks from me again too...
your silver '68 looks fantastic with the mods...
this thread is won (lol) of my all time favs!!!

No problem, Brock.  ;D

Quote from: dads_69 on March 29, 2007, 06:31:33 PM
DS440 I need a favor. I've been away from my photo shop drawings for a while, out of touch you might say. can you hammer out another car for me if possible? Its a '70 Dart Swinger F8 green w/a white top and tail stripe. I'm putting on weld wheels also if thats doable also. I'm trying to get a photos for you to do also to copy.
Thanks..Keep up the great work.
Mark

Hey Mark, no problem.  A pic would help...but I might be able to grab something off the web.  (The better the pic I start with the better the end result :icon_smile_wink:).  Quick question(s):  which Welds?  ProStars?  Draglites?  Any other details you want - just let me know.  Thanks. ;)

dads_69

Thanks DS440. I'm going to use Drag Lites factory white top and tail stripe and a T/A style scoop vs twin scoops like they had, but either set of scoops is cool. I'm repairing the car next month and I'll repaint it also complete as stated. I would send a photo of my car now, but photos are to big to show on line here.
Thanks again........Mark

ds440

Here you go, dads...

You didn't say whether you wanted the T/A scoop to be body color or not so I did both.  Hope this helps... ;D

dads_69

Thanks ds440. I've been trying to work my photo shop out again on my home computer, but no luck yet, been at the doc's this week, to many drugs...haha. Looks good, my car will be darker and has the monster 5'' tach on the dash,haha.........Thanks again
Mark

69bronzeT5

Hey DS, Im back. :lol:. Anyways, I found this 65 Barracuda and when I get a job which should be soon and once the Charger is done. I plan on buying it, fixing it up and driving it. So can you please make me a 65 Barracuda, all black, black interior, low profile tires and these wheels.... And thanks again man, you do GREAT work!

Brock Samson

keep going bronzy you may catch me some day..   :pity:

ds440

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on April 04, 2007, 12:06:19 AM
Hey DS, Im back. :lol:. Anyways, I found this 65 Barracuda and when I get a job which should be soon and once the Charger is done. I plan on buying it, fixing it up and driving it. So can you please make me a 65 Barracuda, all black, black interior, low profile tires and these wheels.... And thanks again man, you do GREAT work!

I tell you what - if you buy the '65, then I'll help you out...m'kay?

Until then the only thing I can do is post a black '68 I did awhile back for someone else...

LL1 1967 Coronet

Good call on that one.... You should proably have a car first before you ask DS to spend a lot of his time and energy. By the way, Thanks again to DS for everything you have done for people (like me)!.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: ds440 on April 05, 2007, 08:36:14 AM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on April 04, 2007, 12:06:19 AM

I tell you what - if you buy the '65, then I'll help you out...m'kay?

Until then the only thing I can do is post a black '68 I did awhile back for someone else...

That pic is fine. I get the whole look of what the 65 will look like now. Thanks DS