News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Photoshop Thread

Started by ds440, November 27, 2006, 09:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian in GA

I hope one of you artistic type guys can help me out.  My wife and I had decided to paint the current 68 project Plum Crazy Purple, and she had the idea of a flat black hood on it.  Can anybody give me an idea of how that would look? 

Thanks for the help.

ds440

1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

IowaCharger69

You guys are awesome! Husk thanks a ton. It looks really cool. I cant wait to forward it on. All of the guys over there will really like it I think,no I'm sure!

Brian in GA

Thanks, ds!  It's amazing how much it helps to see an actual photo vs. what's in your head.  You da man!   :yesnod:

Serious Satellite

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21149.0;id=35678

You did some photoshopping a few posts back on a 74 Satellite Sebring, lime green, see the link above.  I've had to ditch the lime green color scheme and the AAR strobe stripes--budget constraints, my wife's ever changing mind, and daughters in college (I've had to buy her three cars in two years) and I have two questions for ya.

One:  do you have a small tutorial on how to do this?  When I use Gimp and go to bucket fill, no matter what I do, I can't get it to look like your work.  I've been trying!

Two: Can you rework this with a matte black hood with white stripes, a white 1972 GTX roof over strobe stripe,  the same rear wing spoiler, a 3/4 white roof--not the full vinyl roof--and in a midnight blue color?  Police Rallys for the wheels, if you could.  No rush.

Love your work. . . just can't duplicate it on the Gimp! 

K9COP

I don't want to steal anyones' thunder, as the photoshop work on here is very talented. I've used it a couple of times myself (ok, quite a bit for hi-end packaging), so if the thread starter is busy, I'll do some too.

My car has been photoshopped to death, and is now Sublime all over...
I'd rather push a Charger than drive a Mustang.. which is lucky..

My cars:
'69/70 Charger 440
'03 Range Rover
'05 Audi A8R
'93 Lotus Omega (SOLD)
'97 Jag U Are XK8 (For Sale)
'68 Charger 318 (for sale)
'74ish Charger 400Magnum (sold)
'89 Nissan Skyline GTR (sold)
'92 Jeep Cherokee 9" lift (sold)
95 Crown Victoria Police K9 unit work car! (in the great impound lot in the sky..)

Serious Satellite

Quote from: CaymanSublime on May 09, 2007, 12:05:36 AM
I don't want to steal anyones' thunder, as the photoshop work on here is very talented. I've used it a couple of times myself (ok, quite a bit for hi-end packaging), so if the thread starter is busy, I'll do some too.

My car has been photoshopped to death, and is now Sublime all over...

I wouldn't think someone volunteering to help would be a bad thing. . .I've held back a few weeks since I know how busy he is with requests.  That and the embarassment of an ever changing mind of my wife and my inability to convince her of any damn thing. 

If you want to take a crack at the 74 Satellite, go for it guy, I'd appreciate your work.  The midnight blue I'm asking for is actually closer to House of Kolor's Burple. . .

Thanks ahead of time.

41husk

I know it was a great help to see my vision of the car before it was finished.  it's almost done now infact it was color sanded and buffed last night we got the front bumper and the valances on as well as the headlight buckets and grill.  It really looks just like the photo shop.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

ds440

Quote from: Serious Satellite on May 08, 2007, 10:28:54 PM
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21149.0;id=35678

You did some photoshopping a few posts back on a 74 Satellite Sebring, lime green, see the link above.  I've had to ditch the lime green color scheme and the AAR strobe stripes--budget constraints, my wife's ever changing mind, and daughters in college (I've had to buy her three cars in two years) and I have two questions for ya.

One:  do you have a small tutorial on how to do this?  When I use Gimp and go to bucket fill, no matter what I do, I can't get it to look like your work.  I've been trying!

Two: Can you rework this with a matte black hood with white stripes, a white 1972 GTX roof over strobe stripe,  the same rear wing spoiler, a 3/4 white roof--not the full vinyl roof--and in a midnight blue color?  Police Rallys for the wheels, if you could.  No rush.

Love your work. . . just can't duplicate it on the Gimp! 

Here's the revised Satellite. ;D

Question 1:  I've never used Gimp, so I really couldn't tell you what to do there.  But I never use the bucket tool in Photoshop to do these.

Question 2:  Yup.;)  I think that I got everything that you wanted.  The color (HOK "Burple") looked blue in some pics and purple in others...so I tried my best to match that look.  As far as the hood stripes, you didn't specify which hood stripes, so I assumed that you wanted the same as before.  With the roof strobe, if I'm not mistaken the '72s are a tighter pattern than the '71s....so again, I tried my best to duplicate that look.

Let me know if I'm off on something.

-----------

As far as others photoshopping images - fantastic! :icon_smile_big:  The more the merrier.  Please don't think of this as "my thread."  I only started this because at one time there were three or four other Photoshop threads floating around.  I figured it would be easier for everyone just to centralize this topic in one thread.

Serious Satellite

Well, everyone here agrees, which is a first, that this color Burple Satellite is great.   Wife would like to see it with black stripes, but what the heck.   Can't please a woman! 

Thanks guy, now if I can only figure out how you guys do this and apply it to Gimp! 

ds440

Black stripes. ;D

I wasn't sure if you wanted just the strobe stripe black or if you wanted the hood stripes black as well.  So I did both. :icon_smile_cool:

Dave22443

Just my  :Twocents: but I like the white stripes better  :yesnod:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

dukeboy_318

i don't know if this pic will work, but could somebody please paint up my 74 charger in either a high gloss black or sublime green.  it will have crager SS rims installed after i paint it.  Thanks
Chris
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

Lostsheep

ds440

Quote from: dukeboy_318 on May 12, 2007, 06:25:07 PM
i don't know if this pic will work, but could somebody please paint up my 74 charger in either a high gloss black or sublime green.  it will have crager SS rims installed after i paint it.  Thanks
Chris

Here you go. ;)

Charger74

Quote from: ds440 on May 14, 2007, 08:34:52 AM
Quote from: dukeboy_318 on May 12, 2007, 06:25:07 PM
Chris

Here you go. ;)

DS,

Never asked before, you do great work.  Was wondering if you could do the top car for me in viper blue, black top, with a plain bulge hood, hidden headlights, and no bumperettes???  Also one with bulge hood blacked out, with the stripe that runs from the back of the hood along the upper body line to the back...   Thanks

ds440

Quote from: Charger74 on May 14, 2007, 10:23:25 AM
DS,

Never asked before, you do great work.  Was wondering if you could do the top car for me in viper blue, black top, with a plain bulge hood, hidden headlights, and no bumperettes???  Also one with bulge hood blacked out, with the stripe that runs from the back of the hood along the upper body line to the back...   Thanks

Yup.  Here you go. ;)

CharlieCharger

Hey ds..You think you could remove the truck in the picture and maybe paint it A4 light gun metal grey with a black stripe?
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

Charger74

Quote from: ds440 on May 14, 2007, 11:29:18 AM
Quote from: Charger74 on May 14, 2007, 10:23:25 AM
DS,

Yup.  Here you go. ;)

Man, thanks.  That is definetely what I've been looking for on my car.  Thanks.

ds440

Quote from: CharlieCharger on May 14, 2007, 12:18:56 PM
Hey ds..You think you could remove the truck in the picture and maybe paint it A4 light gun metal grey with a black stripe?

Sure.  Couple of quick questions:  Which kind of stripe?  The '71 longitutinal?  Also, do you want the roof to be silver as well?  Interior color?

Let me know and I'll get on it. ;)

CharlieCharger

71 stripe  :yesnod:, Black top..black interior ..maybe freshen the grill up just a bit..I really appreciate it as I suck at photoshop :yesnod:  ;D
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

ds440

Quote from: CharlieCharger on May 14, 2007, 01:59:16 PM
71 stripe  :yesnod:, Black top..black interior ..maybe freshen the grill up just a bit..I really appreciate it as I suck at photoshop :yesnod:  ;D

Here you go. ;)  Let me know if I left anything out.

CharlieCharger

That is awesome..Can I send you a pic to show you another color?

CharlieCharger

This is A4..do you have anything close to match that?I appreciate it..You do good work :yesnod:

ds440

Aaaahh...gotcha.  I was going off of the '69 A4 which seems much more grey.  I know what color you're talking about - it's almost light blue

Is this better? :-\