News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Photoshop Thread

Started by ds440, November 27, 2006, 09:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ds440

;)
1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

Charger1973

Ok one last request here.  Is there any chance you could splice in a front and rear spoiler to this one?  I really like this one the best but I think it might need both the spoilers to give it the full effect.  Also if you could, swap the rims for 15" magnum 500s.  A couple other minor things are the hood should have the cutouts in the decal where the emblem goes.  It will have hood pins with cables, and the seats will be black instead of white.  I know its alot of minor details, but hey if you get bored...  If not its not a big deal otherwise.   :cheers:   I think its the details that make the car though.  I love it so far but it still just seems like somethings missing.   :shruggy:  Either way I owe you a ride when its all done for all your help so far.   My idea has gone through alot of changes over the last year or so, and all for the better!  :2thumbs:

41husk

sweet,  I like the black stripe, love the hideaways!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

1carcrazyguy

Quote from: ds440 on July 03, 2007, 04:58:16 PM
;)

:o :think: :scared: :faint:

Thanks though....now I know what one of our other cars will look like when done!  :smilielol:

IowaCharger69

I would really like to see the new Challenger in Pink Panther with the HEMI hockey stick stripe, and a go wing on the back.

1carcrazyguy

On the topic of Photoshop....anyone know where to find a free (yes I'm cheap) photoshop type program??   Is photoshop a copyrighted software??

Troy

Quote from: 1carcrazyguy on July 04, 2007, 01:09:10 PM
On the topic of Photoshop....anyone know where to find a free (yes I'm cheap) photoshop type program??   Is photoshop a copyrighted software??
Yes, PhotoShop is a retail product made by Adobe and it can be very expensive ($600+). There is an open source project with much of the functionality called the GIMP http://www.gimp.org/ but it's still a professional level image editor. If you only need to resize or adjust colors then there are simpler programs out there. I think Paint Shop Pro is relatively inexpensive ($50?) and has a bunch of features without being overwhelming.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

1carcrazyguy

I have a version of MS Paint.  However I have yet to see a way to completely recolor an object??  I have looked through the manual but the only thing I see is adjusting color which changes the background as well.   Oh well thought I would see if there was a free program I could play with , but I guess not.  :eek2:

Troy

GIMP is free - I sort of assumed everyone knew what "open source" meant. ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

1carcrazyguy

Quote from: Troy on July 04, 2007, 01:51:31 PM
GIMP is free - I sort of assumed everyone knew what "open source" meant. ;)

Troy

Gotta watch how you talk to us computer-challenged people.  It is hard enough to figure out this Mopar stuff let alone computers.  But if you would have said "theres an open source CHARGER project" I might have figured out what that meant.  And if you happen across an "open source" Charger project..... PLEASE keep me in mind!!  :2thumbs:

bee_fishy_6869

Quote from: IowaCharger69 on July 04, 2007, 09:57:01 AM
I would really like to see the new Challenger in Pink Panther with the HEMI hockey stick stripe, and a go wing on the back.

Didn't have time to delete the front stripes, will do when I get a chance. Hopefully this helps.

-Bee

bee_fishy_6869

Delete center stripe...

IowaCharger69

Quote from: bee_fishy_6869 on July 04, 2007, 02:41:38 PM
Quote from: IowaCharger69 on July 04, 2007, 09:57:01 AM

Didn't have time to delete the front stripes, will do when I get a chance. Hopefully this helps.

-Bee

VERY nice! It's my new wallpaper! When it comes time to order, I better get a big enough loan to get it repainted.

IowaCharger69

Here's my shot at the HEMI billboard. I think the more I can make it look like a 71 Cuda' the more I'll like it!

1carcrazyguy

I think a white T/A (or 71 r/t) stripe would look pretty good on that car. 

:Twocents:Personally not a fan of Plymouth stripes on a Dodge. :shruggy:

bee_fishy_6869

Quote from: IowaCharger69 on July 04, 2007, 06:58:39 PM
Here's my shot at the HEMI billboard. I think the more I can make it look like a 71 Cuda' the more I'll like it!

A cuda eh?....
msg me if you want a larger size for your wallpaper. this way you dont have to stretch the image and sacrifice image quality.

Modified 2nd one. Added center fog lamps, removed side foggers. Added 71 cuda hood.

bee_fishy_6869

Quote from: Charger1973 on July 03, 2007, 05:27:01 PM
Ok one last request here.  Is there any chance you could splice in a front and rear spoiler to this one?  I really like this one the best but I think it might need both the spoilers to give it the full effect.  Also if you could, swap the rims for 15" magnum 500s.  A couple other minor things are the hood should have the cutouts in the decal where the emblem goes.  It will have hood pins with cables, and the seats will be black instead of white.  I know its alot of minor details, but hey if you get bored...  If not its not a big deal otherwise.   :cheers:   I think its the details that make the car though.  I love it so far but it still just seems like somethings missing.   :shruggy:  Either way I owe you a ride when its all done for all your help so far.   My idea has gone through alot of changes over the last year or so, and all for the better!  :2thumbs:

Not sure what you're putting in it so I just put the 440magnum emblem on, not even readable from that size so i guess it doesnt matter anyway.
-Bee

Edit: forgot about your hood pins. added in pic 2

bee_fishy_6869

Quote from: 1carcrazyguy on July 04, 2007, 07:04:43 PM
I think a white T/A (or 71 r/t) stripe would look pretty good on that car. 

:Twocents:Personally not a fan of Plymouth stripes on a Dodge. :shruggy:

I actually like it more than I thought I would. It flows with the body and remains relatively subtle for being a white stripe.

472 R/T SE

ds, another favor if I may.  We've been talking about lowering my wife's truck now for a couple years.  At least get the arse end down level with the front.  Would you please lower the butt down level with the front and another of it lowered on both ends a couple inches.  I think I'd have to bag the rear to keep the towing capabilities.  :shruggy:  I know it would sure help me getting in and out of it.  ;)

bee_fishy_6869

Next gen concept charger. Based it off the challenger concept. increased the length of the front and rear fenders along with the addition of a sail pannel. The other changes are apparent. still gotta tweak some parts but my eyes hurt for now. will add more later.
-Bee

bee_fishy_6869

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on July 07, 2007, 05:13:53 PM
ds, another favor if I may.  We've been talking about lowering my wife's truck now for a couple years.  At least get the arse end down level with the front.  Would you please lower the butt down level with the front and another of it lowered on both ends a couple inches.  I think I'd have to bag the rear to keep the towing capabilities.  :shruggy:  I know it would sure help me getting in and out of it.  ;)

Charger1973

Quote from: bee_fishy_6869 on July 04, 2007, 11:44:45 PM

Not sure what you're putting in it so I just put the 440magnum emblem on, not even readable from that size so i guess it doesnt matter anyway.
-Bee

Thanks man.   :cheers: :icon_smile_big:

bee_fishy_6869

Harlow

Quote from: Charger1973 on July 07, 2007, 07:43:23 PM
Quote from: bee_fishy_6869 on July 04, 2007, 11:44:45 PM

-Bee

Thanks man.   :cheers: :icon_smile_big:

That concept looks REALLY cool. 3rd gens have really been growing on me...I'd love to have one exactly like what your planning...now I just gotta get my satellite farther along and find a 71-73.

bee_fishy_6869

Another concept charger. GL edition...