News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Photoshop Thread

Started by ds440, November 27, 2006, 09:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ds440

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on June 18, 2008, 04:03:05 PM
DS, is there any chance I could please get the photoshop of my Charger changed a slight tad. Could I see it with chrome rocker moldings and chrome a-pillar moldings (like Daytonas)? Thanks a bunch! :cheers:

Cody,
Consider this an online bitch-slap. :slap:

The first image is your latest/greatest request.  My beef with this is that there are numerous images of Chargers with both rocker moldings and A-pillar moldings.  You should be well aware of what they look like without having me go through the trouble of adjusting your image.  Furthermore, I'm quite confident you are not to the stage of your build where these little details matter.

I seriously doubt that your bodyman is eagerly awaiting a phone call from you as to whether or not to go with the rocker molding. 

-------

Finally, I quickly assembled a montage of your numerous other requests...to prove a point.  I have done more than my share of work for you.  How much time do you think I have invested?  Notice your car as it sat when I started doing photoshopped images for you?  Notice how it sits now?  Yes, sir.  You are officially putting the "cart before the horse."

And that montage doesn't include the 4 or 5 times I simply ignored you, or declined to do an image, or the station wagon you wanted, or the A-body Cuda you wanted, etc...

You're young.  You make mistakes.  Get over it.  Learn from it.

Next time you want an image, I'll PM you my PayPal account.  I feel I've been fair with you.  Now, simply put, I'm done. :icon_smile_blackeye:
1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

IowaCharger69

is there and "OH SNAP!?!??!!!!" emoticon?

moparstuart

Quote from: ds440 on June 19, 2008, 08:01:11 AM
DS, is there any chance I could please get the photoshop of my Charger changed a slight tad. Could I see it with chrome rocker moldings and chrome a-pillar moldings (like Daytonas)? Thanks a bunch! :cheers:

Cody,

The first image is your latest/greatest request.  My beef with this is that there are numerous images of Chargers with both rocker moldings and A-pillar moldings.  You should be well aware of what they look like without having me go through the trouble of adjusting your image.  Furthermore, I'm quite confident you are not to the stage of your build where these little details matter.

I seriously doubt that your bodyman is eagerly awaiting a phone call from you as to whether or not to go with the rocker molding. 

-------

Finally, I quickly assembled a montage of your numerous other requests...to prove a point.  I have done more than my share of work for you.  How much time do you think I have invested?  Notice your car as it sat when I started doing photoshopped images for you?  Notice how it sits now?  Yes, sir.  You are officially putting the "cart before the horse."

And that montage doesn't include the 4 or 5 times I simply ignored you, or declined to do an image, or the station wagon you wanted, or the A-body Cuda you wanted, etc...

Next time you want an image, I'll PM you my PayPal account.  I feel I've been fair with you.  Now, simply put, I'm done. :icon_smile_blackeye:
  wow tell him how you really feel !   couldnt this have been stated in a private message ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Back N Black

Quote from: ds440 on June 19, 2008, 08:01:11 AM

Cody,

-------

Well, looks like he moved it alway from the garage door in the before and after pics.   :D

472 R/T SE

This work he does takes lots of time and I thought I remember him saying his employer charges $150/an hour for his work.  So if any of you habitual offenders have a conscience, slip him a green back.  :Twocents:

Cody, you already asked for photoshop help at the C-C forum for the same things Dave just did and got it.  Maybe leave the models & guitar alone for a bit and learn how to use photoshop or better yet break out some paper and multiple colored pencils.  :shruggy:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=45123.0

I think of Drache and Aurthur and how they turned out from their early days.   

From the C-C thread:

CB

I don't count the numerous times you performed make overs on existing cars but I must say you know your stuff!
thanks  :2thumbs:
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

1FastCharger

As much time as Cody spends on the computer you would think he would have learned some Photoshop skills himself.  :poke:
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 1FastCharger on June 19, 2008, 11:37:18 PM
As much time as Cody spends on the computer you would think he would have learned some Photoshop skills himself.  :poke:

I can't afford to buy it so I've tried to download a trial version a few times without much luck. I've tried to do some photoshop on the computers at school......and failed miserably
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

BlackStig68

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on June 20, 2008, 01:30:46 AM
Quote from: 1FastCharger on June 19, 2008, 11:37:18 PM
I can't afford to buy it so I've tried to download a trial version a few times without much luck. I've tried to do some photoshop on the computers at school......and failed miserably

I'm sure you could get a copy from one of your friends at school? If not they're about 100-130$ on ebay - nothing a summer JOB can't pay off in a week. And if not that there's always a torr(i didn't say it).... if you'd like to go that route. I really suggest you get a copy and make an honest effort.

Learning to basic photoshop cars isn't that difficult. You just need to have patience and learn the fundamentals. It's not something that's going to happen right away but in a week your skills will improve greatly. And eventually you'll be able to do all the renderings you want. Not to say we'll all be DS440s, this is what he does to put bread on the table, but get yourself a copy and I'll be happy to teach you some basics (color changes, wheels, alterations etc). If you make an honest effort to learn for yourself then you'll find plenty of people willing to give you advice/help/tips. However, if you just want people to do the work for you then you might end up being a thorn in their side (lesson of life). Also just imagine the personal satisfaction you get out of 'building/creating' something using your own creativity and skill.
I'd be willing to throw on a small thread so everyone can learn the basics. A number of users already know how to photoshop and I'm sure they'll share their knowledge. Don't be intimidated by photoshop, its really a powerful tool,  you just need to learn how to use it.

DS is a busy guy. I'm sure he spends enough time on the computer at work that he values his time at home with his family, his charger, other hobbies etc... But he still goes out of his way to help us. Let's not exploit his generousity. :2thumbs:
-Stiggy

ds440

Quote from: moparstuart on June 19, 2008, 11:15:33 AM
 couldnt this have been stated in a private message ?

I have PM'd him on the subject before.  Specifically in regards to him "volunteering" me for jobs on other websites.  I can assure you this is a last resort.  And (as far as I know) you can't attach pics to a PM.

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on June 19, 2008, 01:46:48 PM
Cody, you already asked for photoshop help at the C-C forum for the same things Dave just did and got it.

Interesting.  I was not aware of that. :rotz:  Thank you for bringing this to my attention. :2thumbs:

Quote from: BlackStig68 on June 20, 2008, 02:20:34 AM
DS is a busy guy. I'm sure he spends enough time on the computer at work that he values his time at home with his family, his charger, other hobbies etc... But he still goes out of his way to help us. Let's not exploit his generousity. :2thumbs:
-Stiggy

Thank you for the kind words.  I always did like the Black Stig better than White Stig.  Shame they killed him off. :cheers:

1FastCharger

Hey, for anyone wanting to learn Photoshop - go to youtube any type Photoshop. I found a bunch of instructional videos there. It is easier to learn by watching someone do it instead of reading the book.
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

71ChallengeHer

ds440, I just wanted to let you know that Shelby's Daytona will be getting the hood and spoiler painted satin black next weekend. Hopefully we will have the stripes before Carlisle. We both appreciate the time you took to photoshop it for us.  :cheers:  I'll post pics when we get it back.

ds440

Revisions. ;)

Keep in mind the R/T symbol is much narrower than the "Daytona" wording, so if the stripe looks a little strange - that's why.

Also you probably won't be able to see the front and rear sway bars from this angle.

Bob

My good sir, can you make this panther pink?
Why it shows up twice I don't know.
Thanks
Bob

ds440

Once with the original green interior and one with black.... :cheers:

Bob

Quote from: ds440 on June 27, 2008, 12:57:59 PM
Once with the original green interior and one with black.... :cheers:

Thank you Sir.

konigcharger

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

68charger383

Special request:

Is it possible to see the car with a six pack scoop (like the one on page 35) with only the scoop being black and the rest of the hood body color.

Thanks in advance  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

ds440

Hope this helps. :cheers:

68charger383

Thanks DS for your time. Looks great!  :2thumbs:

I've been thinking about adding a scoop for awhile. I'll get some feedback and see if I should run with it.  :scratchchin:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

moparstuart

Quote from: 68charger383 on June 30, 2008, 08:17:43 AM
Thanks DS for your time. Looks great!  :2thumbs:

I've been thinking about adding a scoop for awhile. I'll get some feedback and see if I should run with it.  :scratchchin:
I like it better with out the scoope  just my  :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

CB

ds440, you have skills  ;)

69charger383, yes, when you decide to add the 6-pack scoop I personally prefer a full flat black hood.
6-pack scoop looks wicked on a2nd gen Charger :2thumbs:

CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

69bronzeT5

Quote from: CB on June 30, 2008, 09:37:53 AM

69charger383, yes, when you decide to add the 6-pack scoop I personally prefer a full flat black hood.

:iagree:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

CB

... and with those tail stripes and vinyl roof it's a go for a full flat black hood  :coolgleamA:
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

68charger383

I saw a 68 Roadrunner at a show with the scoop painted black and the hood body color and it looked pretty cool. But I guess the charger hood needs to be blacked out.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10