News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Photoshop Thread

Started by ds440, November 27, 2006, 09:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finn

You have a duster? Geez Ive been on here how long now and Ive never heard mention of that before lol. I was wondering why you wanted a duster photoshop done haha...
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Finn on November 23, 2008, 05:35:42 PM
You have a duster? Geez Ive been on here how long now and Ive never heard mention of that before lol. I was wondering why you wanted a duster photoshop done haha...

Yep, bought it a few weeks ago. $800. ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Finn

2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

ds440

Quote from: joflaig on November 22, 2008, 05:24:42 PM
If you can be troubled to read the thread below, you'll get a sense of what I'm looking for. I have looked everywhere for a similar example, but have not found someone with the paint scheme and minitubs, let alone the interior I aleady have. Here's the original thread:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,50833.msg554390.html#msg554390

Many thanks for your time,

-John

Hopefully this helps.  You seemed undecided on your rim choice, so I guessed and went with the Nascar style rims.   :cheers:

1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

ds440

Per a PM... ;)

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

joflaig

Quote from: ds440 on November 24, 2008, 09:58:57 AM
Quote from: joflaig on November 22, 2008, 05:24:42 PM
If you can be troubled to read the thread below, you'll get a sense of what I'm looking for. I have looked everywhere for a similar example, but have not found someone with the paint scheme and minitubs, let alone the interior I aleady have. Here's the original thread:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,50833.msg554390.html#msg554390

Many thanks for your time,

-John

Hopefully this helps.  You seemed undecided on your rim choice, so I guessed and went with the Nascar style rims.   :cheers:

WOW, that's pretty awesome. You can kind of make out the big calipers through the wheels still, thought it would nice if they were a bit more exposed. I definely like the raised white lettering on the tires, which is what I have now.

I guess if I had any feedback it would to see if there could be more of a wet sanded finish applied to the black exterior, with perhaps the drivers side window tinting included too.

I don't know if you have any template PSDs in photoshop of the rear end view, but the idea would be wide tires with the minitubs and perhaps a chrome cover on the dana 60.

I'll tell you what ds440, if we end up with something perfect I can go to the restorer with I will definelty find some way to reward your time and effort.

Thanks,

-John

PA Dodger

Thanks for the emblems. I have connections at a foundry that does really nice work,with sharp detail. I'm going to see if I can get a couple of "government jobs" done.
Dan 
'69 Charger / '69 Dart convertible/ '74 Cuda

ds440

Quote from: joflaig on November 24, 2008, 11:10:08 AM

WOW, that's pretty awesome. You can kind of make out the big calipers through the wheels still, thought it would nice if they were a bit more exposed. I definely like the raised white lettering on the tires, which is what I have now.

I guess if I had any feedback it would to see if there could be more of a wet sanded finish applied to the black exterior, with perhaps the drivers side window tinting included too.

I don't know if you have any template PSDs in photoshop of the rear end view, but the idea would be wide tires with the minitubs and perhaps a chrome cover on the dana 60.

I'll tell you what ds440, if we end up with something perfect I can go to the restorer with I will definelty find some way to reward your time and effort.

Thanks,

-John

How's this?  One with the Nascar rims and one with Angrier rims.  I'm limited to the images that I can find online.  One of my biggest challenges is to find an image from that 'perfect' angle.  This is the best that I can do...

69bronzeT5

I like the Angrier rims on it. :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

General_01

Quote from: ds440 on November 24, 2008, 09:59:32 AM
Per a PM... ;)

Let us know if you get any of these made. I could use the 496 ones. :icon_smile_big:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

General_01

Hey joflaig, I think either one looks good. The Angrier rims show off the disc brakes more. I am thinking of getting a set of the Nascar style rims for the Bee.
496 stroker
4-speed

Finn

I like the angrier rims as well though Id go slightly bigger. The other rims look good as well though. I dig the green stripe too.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

joflaig

Quote from: Finn on November 24, 2008, 06:35:50 PM
I like the angrier rims as well though Id go slightly bigger. The other rims look good as well though. I dig the green stripe too.

On this one I took off the antenna, tried to brighten the raised white letters on the tires and the Charger emblem on the sail panel and increased the red tone a bit on the break calipers. I think the angrier wheels are in the right direction, but cover too much of the discs and calipers, but at the same time I don't want to crazy with thin black wheels like on a ricer. Of course, I'll have to expirement with chrome wheels too at some point and this pick doesn't show the wide tires with the mintub rear end, which adds a lot of character, BUT I think I'm going in the right direction...sporty and dark, but not too sinister, and like I said I think a plum crazy stripe would good, but not "serious" enough.

Finn

Looks good, definitely like the white letters. I see what you mean with the wheels, they do make the car seem a little "heavy". Another thought I just had: what do you think about adding the green to the sides of the hood indents? I'm on the edge as to whether or not it would be too much green. I don't mean fill the indent with green, just "outline" the sides if that makes sense. Most people will bring the color of the exterior into the interior somehow and it usually gets out of control and turns out tacky imo. Is it going to be like an original mopar color of green or something like the snakeskin viper green?
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

joflaig

Quote from: Finn on November 24, 2008, 07:50:28 PM
Looks good, definitely like the white letters. I see what you mean with the wheels, they do make the car seem a little "heavy". Another thought I just had: what do you think about adding the green to the sides of the hood indents? I'm on the edge as to whether or not it would be too much green. I don't mean fill the indent with green, just "outline" the sides if that makes sense. Most people will bring the color of the exterior into the interior somehow and it usually gets out of control and turns out tacky imo. Is it going to be like an original mopar color of green or something like the snakeskin viper green?

I've thought of that. I don't like coloring the door indents, I think the classic sublime green on the hood indents would be too much (and irreversible -- I plan on using a decal for the stripe), so to balance the color I thought I could change the padding on my racing harness to be sublime. See pic. Or I could have the leather seats customize so the centers were sublime green...might be expensive. You have a god point about thick black wheels making the car seem heavy. It should look fast, because it is.

Also, what do you guys think about this wheel?

NYCMille

Yep... I do agree, I like the ANGRIER rims better as well... believe me, I wanted that same Nascar look and feel but a 15" wheel just didn't cut it so I made my own. Let me know if you want a set, I can do any color, any size, any backspacing!
:cheers:

ds440

ProStreet bird, per a PM.
:cheers:

moparstuart

that is awesome  SWEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

redrider

hey could you make an a12 bee f6bee, white interior, white vinal top, and black but stripe thanks

BPTRacing

Dave

Thanks for the bird PIC!!!!

I just hope the real thing can do your picture justice!!!

Just as I had hoped, the altered wheel base is not really noticable. I think I will relocate the front marker light a little farther forward with the opening.

Scott
Selling all my current toys to build a Twin Turbo Superbird clone "street" car.

lisiecki1

i've spent the last 2 days going through this thread  :smilielol: and i'm so beyond impressed with ds's skills!!!

if you have the time, i'd like to get an idea of what the 73 will look like when it's complete...

my current build plan is to paint it 2002 dodge charcoal metallic, black racing stripes, and wheels and brakes similar to the ones on ANGRIER....

Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

C_stripes

Hello DS, Happy Thanksgiving. I have a request if I may. I just got my Duster and would like a rendering of what it will look like. The car was and is going to be B5 blue with the factory white and black Interior, White stripes and half vinyl roof with the V21 black out hood treatment. I would like to add the 72-74 style hood scoop and body color sport mirrors. I would also like to ad a dove tail spoiler and hood pins. I would like to see it with American racing wheels like the ones on the back of the car now. Here are pics of cars to see the different things. The first pic would be a great one to use I think. If you could though. Please make it a all white background.  If you need any other pics, Please let me know. Your work is much appreciated. Thanks,  Jeremy.
Link to my car. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2991909

My car
The hood scoop
Also, Maybe throw on the chin spoiler just to see what that looks like.

The spoiler

I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

General_01

Hey ds, could you put these rims on my superbee. One with the regular paint job(yellow hood) and one with the blackout treatment you did. No hurry. Thinking of going this route next spring after I get the car running.

496 stroker
4-speed