News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I hope Trav's Chargers don't get SOAKED from the Hurricane.

Started by Charger Aficionado, August 29, 2005, 09:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

He has some really nice ones, I hope the water levels stay down...  Who else here is from La???  What are you doing to protect UR cars????

twilt

i was thinking the same thing. I believe he lives around in or around Baton Rouge, which appears to me to be west of the main impact of the cane.    with all the cars he has, obviously most would have had to been left outside. I drove thru Miss, La, and AL yesterday on I-20. The interstate was jam packed with people getting away. My ex-bro in law is in the Navy, stationed in Miss.  He made it into
Alabama and then the transmission on his 2003 Caravan puked. 

Charger_Fan

Hopefully Travis has a bunch of 20' tall jack stands. :icon_smile_big:

Seriously though, I hope he & everyone over there will be allright. :-\

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: twilt on August 29, 2005, 09:55:24 PM
the transmission on his 2003 Caravan puked.  
OUCH!   That sucks...

Dude, I ALWAYS see him on Yahoo Instant Messenger, so I am sorta wondering if he Evacuated?   I doubt it.   I have heard ALOT of power is OUT, so maybe he's having a candle-lit eve w/ "the woman"?   

Anyone here ever sleep with (in) their Charger the night you got her?   :)      I did the night I got my R/T SE!   lol   After that it was common-place to have Chargers around...   You know I BET MONEY Wakko did.   (after his INTENSE search) lol...   493Charger has a nice "doghouse" set-up by his Green '68 in the "Dodge Mahal"...   I SMIIILED when I saw that...      :2thumbs:

Wakko

Heh, no I sure didn't, Jude!!  I spoke to Travis yesterday, he was evacuating to someone else's house and had covered the Chargers but I don't think they're elevated.  He also said that if he drowned or got accidentally shot in the head that he was leaving his whole collection to me.  :::looks around for bullets:::
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: Wakko on August 29, 2005, 10:47:46 PM
he was evacuating to someone else's house and had covered the Chargers but I don't think they're elevated.  

Dude Point of my last Post:   If I had that many Chargers i would go lite a massive Bon-Fire (to keep them warm) and sleep out there...  Heh...  I'm dissapointed he didn't stay w/ the cars man!  heh... 

TruckDriver

Damnnnnnnn, I forgot about that. I hope everything is ok by his place.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

DodgeChargerNeeded

I talked to Travis on AOL Instant Messanger about an hour ago. He has power at his house and all the car are alright it sounds like he got pretty lucky but he is an hour west of New Orleans
Jeff

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

cudaken

Ask him to post some detail's. I know it bad down there wish I could help be side's writting a check.

Cuda Ken
I am back

69charger2002

we are ok. most importantly cars are ok. KIDDING.. anyway i will post more details soon, it is really bad down this way, i'm sure you guys have seen pics, but it is way worse than that. crime is starting here in baton rouge.. it is so bad. no gas, walmart looks like a bomb went off(NOTHING left in the food section). it is very sad. for reference, if you see the pictures of Kenner/Metairie on the news, i am about 35 miles west of there. and about 28 from the beginning of lake ponchartrain.. so it did not get as bad here, but i AM close to where places are completely submerged. thanks again for the concern and prayers.. it has been a trying time(we were complaining about a fence being down and having to cut 2 trees out of the way to get out of our driveway.. but in the grand scheme of things, we are in perfect shape. anyway i'll update again soon. we are ok, cars are ok, house is ok. so we are VERY thankful
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

MoparYoungGun

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Charger_Fan

Glad to hear some good news. I hope things start to stabilize in your immediate area soon (crime & psycho people).

Old Moparz

Isn't he from Gonzales, LA? I have family in that town that said the only problem has been no power.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

PocketThunder

Quote from: Old Moparz on September 01, 2005, 03:08:43 PM
Isn't he from Gonzales, LA? I have family in that town that said the only problem has been no power.

Yes he is.  my spouse has an uncle there also. we are going there in January for her cousins wedding.  that is if the flights dont cost a bazillion bucks now.......
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Old Moparz

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 01, 2005, 03:14:26 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on September 01, 2005, 03:08:43 PM

Yes he is.   my spouse has an uncle there also. we are going there in January for her cousins wedding.   that is if the flights dont cost a bazillion bucks now.......

well iffin your uncle's name is Doug, we might be cuzins PT.   :musik010:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Charger Aficionado

Good to hear you're all doing fine.   Keep a round in the chamber!     :smash:

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

jaak

Great to hear from you travis, glad you and your family are ok. :wave:

bull

I just love the fact that crime is the first thing that comes to some people's minds when a natural disaster hits. Rather than help those in need they have to go out and loot so the cops have to take time away from helping more people in need. Scum sucking morons.

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

69charger2002

thanks very much guys. most power is back on here now, in gonzales anyways. CANNOT get gas though.. or bread .. etc. i think this whole area has doubled in size overnight, literally. they are setting up FEMA tents 5 miles from my house, and other shelters in the area have THOUSANDS in the. not to mention the ones just staying with random families in their homes. economy here is really going to be different for a while, if not permament to some extent, and from what i have seen this is not going to be a localized area affected by this hurricane.
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Charger Aficionado

As long as they don't commendeer a Charger, UR o.k.!  :)   Don't you have any surplus food?  I still got my Y2K stash...  lol (J/K)... 

Afflyer

:rotz:   I've got one word for all the mess in New Orleans... :rotz:MIDIEVAL :rotz:

Bradley
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Brock Samson

Afflyer

Strat, it's gotten SO outta hand down there- that it's damn near in the Dark Ages.

Bradley
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"