News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lost

Started by dkn1997, August 29, 2005, 09:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

No, not the tv show, but my state of mind.

Since we bought a tahoe for the wife, the Grand Prix is my daily driver now.  it's a 99 GTP and it's supercharged.  I want to do some light mods so I joined a Grand Prix board.  I feel like the village idiot over there.  There is so much "slang" I can't keep up.

pems, kr, dhp, ubend delete, ssic.  It's an education to say the least.  what it boils down to is that I will probably end up with a 3.4  supercharger pulley, a reflashed ecu, cold air intake, and maybe a catback system.  hopefully high 13's with that. 

It's a pretty quick car to begin with, and I hope to terrorize some people with my 4 doors and babyseats in the back.....Hell, I might take the sleeper image to the extreme and hunt for victims with my kids riding shotgun.   only kidding......

And yes, I do realize that I am the village idiot over here too.
RECHRGED

TheGhost

GTPs are fast, and one of the better looking newer cars.  Well, the pre-03s are, anyway.  They mod well, and can be made into real sleepers.  I know a few guys with GTs that are modded, but no GTPs.  I'd say go for it. ;D

And you're not the village idiot here, I think that's Mustanghater. :D
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

The Mad Scientist

I'm not sure what kind of maintainance the car recieved in your wife's care...   I worked on a crap load of those cars.   A pain in the ass every time.   Mostly the buick equivilent, but they're the same car.   Be sure to change the oil in the supercharger.   If that's not done   according to maint. schedule then you could shell out the supercharger.   All of a sudden you may hear a slight clunking or whirring along with the supercharger whine.   Before you know it you'll be throwing super charger belts.   And you have to disconnect a motor mount and jack up the motor to change that mother of a serp. belt.   It sucks every time.   If you're going to flog it I suggest you make sure it's not over the line worn out first.  

Yeah an overdrive pully for the supercharger would give it more kick.   And a reflashed ECU.   You may need to step up to a bigger fuel injector too.   And ignition for all that extra air and fuel.   Cat backs to help it breathe.   Etc. Etc.   Oh by the way.   Don't put a K&N filter on it.   With a turbo'd or S.C.'d car the oil in the filter screws with the forced induction unit.   I've heard of guys scattering a turbo or a supercharger with such a mod.  

I would see about finding a bigger air box to run a bigger paper filter.   If you're worried about filter restriction.   How about a bigger throttle body, if the car has a blower a bigger inlet valve would probably free up more ponies than a trick filter.   After all those mods you'll probably want to upgrade the cooling system, and if possible the transmission.   Not sure when they started using them.   But GM currently uses a sealed auto tranny.   You can't add fluid unless you jack up or lift the car pull out a plug and add it like gear lube in a standard trans.   There's no dipstick, no nothing that can be accessed under the hood, (hope you don't have one of those)

Silver R/T

little gto.. nevermind
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

The Mad Scientist

Quote from: Silver R/T on August 29, 2005, 10:35:35 PM
little gto.. nevermind

You're really lookin fiiiiiine.  Three deuces and a four speed...