News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Remember the pink (Moulan Rouge) Hemi Cuda? Guess what IT'S worth now...

Started by ChargerBill, August 30, 2005, 01:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerBill

I know the guy who bought this Cuda last spring... He doesn't say exactly how much he paid for it, but I've heard it was around $600K, and all his family and friends thought he was crazy. Well, I saw him this summer at hagen Perk and he didn't have the car with him. Asked him why and he said that he's afraid to drive it now...since it was appraised at $1.6Mil +. Now remember , that was 2 months ago that I saw him and 6 months ago that it was appraised so I'm sure it's probably at 2 Mil by now....crazy stuff! In fact, he has 2 HemiCudas and a 440 6 pack Cuda and won't drive any of them...so he decided to take his 383 Cud Vert and put a 528 Hemi in it to drive around...problem was, he was offered $140K for it at the show. He joked..."I can't even drive THIS one now"... can you imagine having all those cool cars and not being able to drive ANY of them?

Life is a highway...

Wakko

I am completely amazed at people's willingness to pay astronomical amounts for cars in the first place, nevertheless cars that weren't that high of quality when they came out.  No offense, Mopar friends, but I'd rather a Deusenburg than a HemiCuda.  I do like the pink of that car, on a Cuda NOTHING looks bad.  :)
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

69_500

I see no reason that car would be going for $2 million. I mean yes its a HEMI Cuda, but come on people. there are more HEMI Cuda's than there is total 69 Daytona production.

CFMopar

1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

last426

My dumb car is starting to be worth a bunch now and my girlfriend says she is afraid to drive it around and she doesn't want me me to be as free with information as I am, telling people where I live and putting the vin out there and stuff.   But I just, at this time at least, refuse to let its value change mine.   Sure, the value changes some things, like I will likely wait till I move to a no income tax state before I sell it or do a 1031 exchange, but I still drive it around.   It's not a damn shrine.   It will be nice when I retire though and use that chunk for a house or something.  Kim

ChgrSteve67

Quote from: ChargerBill on August 30, 2005, 01:25:53 AM
...since it was appraised at $1.6Mil +. Now remember , that was 2 months ago that I saw him and 6 months ago that it was appraised so I'm sure it's probably at 2 Mil by now....crazy stuff! In fact, he has 2 HemiCudas and a 440 6 pack Cuda and won't drive any of them...so he decided to take his 383 Cud Vert and put a 528 Hemi in it to drive around...problem was, he was offered $140K for it at the show.

I wish I had his problems!

ChargerBill

Shoot, I forgot to mention that THIS car is a Survivor...probably a pretty important bit of info when speculating it's value. :icon_smile_approve:
Life is a highway...

69_500

I realize that it is a survivor car, but I'm just saying that there are plenty of HEMI Cuda's out there. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. In reality there is as many 70 HEMI Cuda's as there were 69 HEMI Charger R/T's, but you don't see them going for $1M, and you can't say there isn't a demand for 69 charger's right now. I mean when I see GL clones with 318's selling for $50K (which is stupid if you ask me) what do you think a true HEMI 69 R/T is worth?

TheGhost

Quote from: ChargerBill on August 30, 2005, 01:25:53 AMcan you imagine having all those cool cars and not being able to drive ANY of them?

I know EXACTLY what I would do in his situation.  Sell the cars off, and use the money to buy some clones.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Ghost on August 30, 2005, 01:53:10 PM
Quote from: ChargerBill on August 30, 2005, 01:25:53 AMcan you imagine having all those cool cars and not being able to drive ANY of them?

I know EXACTLY what I would do in his situation.   Sell the cars off, and use the money to buy some clones.
I'd sit on them another year first. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69_500

If I had the money to purchase those cars in the first place then you would have enough money to drive them. I mean consider the price of the car is over $1M right, how much does it take to completely restore one of those cars if say it was to be in a wreck? What would it cost, to do a total restoration? I'm saying you couldn't spend more than $250K doing a total perfect restoration. So why not just drive the darn car the way it was intended to be driven.

Lowprofile

P.T. Barnum said "There's a Sucker Born Every Minute"

Whoever said rich people were smart. :rotz:  Its nice to have toys, but at some point, common sense has to kick in. Dosen't it????
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Old Moparz

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus