News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gold Duster???

Started by Moparstud440, August 30, 2005, 07:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparstud440

Anyone know any information about Gold Dusters, I'm not talking about a duster painted gold, but the ones that where called Gold Dusters. I have a lead on a 73 Gold Duster, orginal owner, from what I hear it is in mint condition with a 318, but am going to investigate and see how I make out.

Khyron

get it! I'm still kicking myself in the ass for passing one up before :cry:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Chris G.

From a $$$ standpoint, they aren't worth much. It's basically a dress up package that included a gator(reptile) vinyl top, fancy wheel covers and a couple other minor options (I think cigar lighter was one). They are far from rare, but it would be a cool car to pick up. Any car from an original owner would be a keeper.

MoparYoungGun

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on August 30, 2005, 08:07:53 AM
From a $$$ standpoint, they aren't worth much. It's basically a dress up package that included a gator(reptile) vinyl top, fancy wheel covers and a couple other minor options (I think cigar lighter was one). They are far from rare, but it would be a cool car to pick up. Any car from an original owner would be a keeper.
:iagree:

KMPX2

Nothing real special. Now if you could find a Fearther Duster you would have something.

41husk

I prefer a french maid in a skimpy outfit and the feather duster is optional :yesnod:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

dpm68

nice option though - any french maid who can multi-task like that is okay in my book.

THE CHARGER PUNK

i know of a 73 featherduster 318 all original with only 1300 miles on her sitting in a shed with a giant tree grew right in front of the door so its stuck there-MATT

Old Moparz

I had a '73 "Gold Duster" with a slant six. I kept the dual sport mirrors that were probably worth more that the car was. It was brown, off white, bucket seat interior, canopy style vinyl roof, & A/C. Not a bad car, but not much different than a few others on the road. Just a few extra options than the average one.

I'd trade the sport mirrors for a Fench Maid & wouldn't care if she dusted with feathers either.

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Khyron

:o

I would blow bubbles in her butt!

:o

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Badbob

The "Silver Duster" with the 360 4bbl. was much more rare, haven't seen one since the '70s.

Badbob

....But I prefer my "Blue Duster". :P

ChargerSG

I could have one of those for daily driver...
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

derailed

The dusters just started to grow on me within the last year. A buddy i work with just sold a gold duster dirt cheap in real nice shape about a year or 2 ago, wish i took it a little more seriuosly. Anyone ever hear of a space duster, supposably some kind of option with the back seat folding down?

Chris G.

Quote from: drailed on September 05, 2005, 04:53:26 PM
Anyone ever hear of a space duster, supposably some kind of option with the back seat folding down?

It was the C73 option that came in Dusters and Dart Sports. You could sleep in these cars if you wanted.

motorhead

My 1972 Duster 340 4 speed/pistol grip.I ve had it since high school (I'm 35 yrs.old now!).Super stock springs,4.10's , .508 purple shaft cam with X heads and super comp hookers.A 750 holley with 1/2 inch AN fittings all the way back to sump deliver an alarming amount of go juice(at $4.50 a gallon for 110 proof it IS alarming!)Shes a part of the family after 3 kids,and will remain so till I take the dirt nap!...Great site by the way! :icon_smile_big: