News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

500 Final back after two years in body shop prison

Started by XXHEMI, December 10, 2006, 03:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XXHEMI

But it was worth it. Just need to remember where it all goes!

XXHEMI

Ghoste

Deep wet paint.   :drool5:  Me likey a lot.

What's the dog dish 2nd gen in the background?

XXHEMI

I know this has been asked before but, body color or stripe color on the rear markers? Both my cars had been painted before but neither show any sings of black paint

XXHEMI

Thanks ghost it has been a long road and know I can final see day light. The other car is also a 500 and they are only one number apart.

XXHEMI

dads_69

Is that R4 or R6 red? I'm at a loss for words after seeing that chargers shiny body.
:2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

XXHEMI

69fuchs

r6 rocks!!!

The marker light should be stripe color.  Look at my car in 1972 original paint (my dad bought it new)

dads_69

I thought it was R6. That color is thrown off in photos I noticed even from my old chargers I've had that color. My next charger will be the same color. Its the factory color of mine even, vs. green like most of mine were. Mine isn't a 500 though, just a 318 car that will be cloned. Wow, I miss seeing that color up close on a body. Whoever did the work did an awesome job!
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

XXHEMI

Fuchs

That"s a great picture love the wheels. But as for the strip I know the R/T"s where stripe color for shore but the 500's ??? I think maybe they where suppose to be stripe color but some times forgotten?  Any one have any original paint cars?

arrow

Quote from: XXHEMI on December 10, 2006, 04:28:04 PM
Fuchs

That"s a great picture love the wheels. But as for the strip I know the R/T"s where stripe color for shore but the 500's ??? I think maybe they where suppose to be stripe color but some times forgotten?  Any one have any original paint cars?

I have an RT that the side reflector housing are body color not stripe color ?? , - great looking car by the way!!!

FATA12

Ed,

Another 6 months it will be all worth it..The car is awesome!!!!

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Ghoste

I think the jury is still out on the marker light color.  I've seen "unrestored" cars both ways but overall, I tend to believe they were stripe color.  No facts though, just an opinion based on what I've ususally seen.

Shakey

Great looking car.  Can't wait to see it all complete.   :yesnod:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Wow Ed that is truly stunning.

R6 is such a great color........I almost cant wait to do mine over in the original R6 ;)

From what I have read & seen, most of the 500's never had the marker housing painted stripe color....

PS---I dont believe I have this one in the registry yet :scratchchin:  :wave:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

69_500

Ed, looks like the car turned out great.

Ghoste by the way the dog dished car in the background I'm guessing to be a HEMI 500.

As far as the marker light bezels go, well I'm going to say that they should be body color on that car. So far in my detection work on this, its about 75% to 25%. With 75% of cars having had body colored bezels, where as 25% had stripe color bezels on the 500's.
Talked to 3 origional owners, all 3 had cars with body color bezels on them when new. The press release car clearly has body color bezels in all the photo's, and of course its still a survivor and still wears those body color bezels today.

Ghoste

I was thinking about that press release car and was going to mention it but then I remembered that Hot Rod had an incident with it when it was brand new and had to do some repairs.  At first I thought that it was possible they were forced to reapir as far back as the stripe and so painted the bezel and did the other side to match.  A closer examination of my photos though, shows the "incident" to be localized to the drivers rear wheelwell.

Charger-Bodie

the way i look at the stripe vs side marker housings issue is if they were done both ways why not make it look whichever way looks better to you ..... i prefer the s/m housings stripe color
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Charger-Bodie

if you dont mind what kinda work did the body need before ?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

tan top

:o that looks  stunning   and its not even completed yet  :drool5: :drool5:  , going to be an awesome looking C500    :thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html