News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'68 grill trim

Started by chrisc, August 30, 2005, 12:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisc

Does anyone know a source for grill trim? There was a source, "metro parts company.com" but their site appears to be defunct.

Thanks

Chris

Troy

Did they actually make all of the grill trim? You can buy the upper and lower pieces (4 for '69 and 2 for '68) from Gunslinger and also the 'I' piece for '69. I wasn't aware that anyone was making the 'C' pieces for the corners. You can still buy polished used pieces from many smaller vendors though.

The web site does seem to be down but I think this is their info:
Metro Parts Co.
440 Webb Way
Douglas, GA., 31533
912-383-0172
fax 912-384-5595

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

8WHEELER

Troy, I was talking to Russ and his Dad at Charger Specialties at the Mopar show last Sunday and
they are selling the end C-Pieces, they are chromed plastic.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Troy

Quote from: 8WHEELER on August 30, 2005, 08:16:17 PM
Troy, I was talking to Russ and his Dad at Charger Specialties at the Mopar show last Sunday and
they are selling the end C-Pieces, they are chromed plastic.

Dan

Thanks, that's good to know.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Shakey

I was speaking with (Jason I think) from Gunslinger at Moparfest a couple weeks back and he had said that he was not pleased with the '68 trim pieces and was having them re-tooled.  He said the same about the '69 pieces.  He is pleased with the I piece and will be working on the C pieces.  Everything should be ready around October.

I plan on cleaning up the ones I have for now and when all the items are ready and finalized I will purchase all new pieces from the same supplier so that there is no difference in the finish.

DFS68_Charger

Bought my upper and lower trim pieces from Paddock.

DFS

chrisc

Thanks for the replies guys. My upper and lower ('68) pieces are bent and worn so I was interested in new pieces. I'll check out the sources.

Chris