News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chop of Doug Schramm's Charger

Started by plum500, August 30, 2005, 01:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plum500

Hopefully this isn't too uncool. I've emailed Doug, asking for permission or approval. Backend Charger chop he did has been very popular. Just added a few more touches of "Charger-ness". Just want to make sure credit for the original chop is not lost.

Cheers,
fred.

Original first, then the mods.

Dale The Bold

YES!  That "dent" below the C pillar must go!
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

Shakey

Great!

When does it go to production?

Lowprofile

"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

70charginglizard

Quote from: Lowprofile on August 30, 2005, 01:34:26 PM
Cool! When can I get one?? :D

When you go into Chrysler and assasinate all the German influence. Thats when, then you might be able to get one.
70charginglizard

FastbackJon

Very nice. Just don't make it too cool, or else they won't be able to market it to all the family guys and minivan moms.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Drache

There was a guy who couldn't afford a brand new mercedes or something that wasn't even release yet, so taking pictures he seen of it, he built it himself!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

69_500

Definatley looks good. Although call me strange but I really like the new design for the Charger other than the fact it has 4 doors. If they made it in both a 4 door and a 2 door and called the 4 door a Coronet and the 2 Door a Charger I"d be happier.

TheGhost

When you go out and buy a 2nd gen, which is basically what this is. :rotz:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

RD

first one looks like an old 68 coronet r/t with that dent in there
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

41husk

charger Bill had some really nice mock up drawing on the old site but these are very nice also.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Shakey

Remember the guys in that movie from the '80's called "Weird Science"?  They created one helluva broad on their PC in their bedroom by taking all kinds of pictures of the chicks they liked and jammed them into their computer - maybe you guys with all the computer smarts could do that?  :icon_smile_big:

Take all these dreamy photochops and plug them into your PC and start creating these Chargers.  Make sure you do it in a parking lot so when all these two door Chargers start falling out of the sky you have a place to put them!  I suggest you print up some for sale signs so you can put them on the windshield as soon as they land. 

Dale The Bold

How does the grille look?  I'd like to see that get "solved."
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

Lowprofile

Quote from: 70charginglizard on August 30, 2005, 01:52:05 PM

When you go into Chrysler and assasinate all the German influence. Thats when, then you might be able to get one.
Quote from: Ghost on August 30, 2005, 02:08:35 PM

Lizzard:   When do we leave for the Fatherland to take care of business?

Ghost: I own a 70' R/T
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

plum500

Cool, thanks for all the comments!

Here's one more...

ChgrSteve67

Quit rubbing salt in the wound!! Your killing me!!
:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

RD

if you are so adamant about the current styling of the charger, and you state that if any one of these chops would just be the recreation of the 2nd charger, why is that a bad thing?  I would love to have DC reproduce 68's with all the refineries of today's technology, wouldnt you?  Hell, why do you see people putting viper/new hemi's/5.9 magnum motors with aftermarket air conditioning systems and all that jazz in their old cars?  Sometimes I just do not understand wth would be so wrong with having something more atune to the old charger's with the amenities of today.

Why shake your head at the idea?  You must be confuzed.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

TheGhost

Quote from: RD on August 30, 2005, 03:27:58 PM

if you are so adamant about the current styling of the charger, and you state that if any one of these chops would just be the recreation of the 2nd charger, why is that a bad thing?  I would love to have DC reproduce 68's with all the refineries of today's technology, wouldnt you?  Hell, why do you see people putting viper/new hemi's/5.9 magnum motors with aftermarket air conditioning systems and all that jazz in their old cars?  Sometimes I just do not understand wth would be so wrong with having something more atune to the old charger's with the amenities of today.

Why shake your head at the idea?  You must be confuzed.

Because, when it comes to new cars, I believe in looking forward, not behind.  I like the old cars, for their charactoristics.  Putting all the new stuff in an old car takes away from what it is, IMO.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

RD

yep, and all those mustang owners out there agree with you wholeheartedly.

TheGhost

They like Fords, so, their taste is questionable. :D

Brock Samson

Quote from: Drache on August 30, 2005, 02:02:17 PM
There was a guy who couldn't afford a brand new mercedes or something that wasn't even release yet, so taking pictures he seen of it, he built it himself!

here's the link... check it out!  ;D

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=848531&page=2

plum500

Nacho-RT74

It is nice but I'm some agree with Ghost... I like the retro Idea, but softly.... I think we don't really need a 2006/2nd gen Charger.... I'm agree on the coke bottle shaped but softly designed...

We still need to know the front clip ;)

Note appart, I don't like the "hip" on quarter... I don't like a 1rst gen "camaro" ( not even Mopar E body ) quarter on a Charger.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html