News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

8.25 rear end advice

Started by Dodge69_440, August 30, 2005, 03:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodge69_440

I have a 69 dodge coronet with a 318.  I put an edelbrock performer intake and 500cfm four barrel on it along with hooker competition headers and dual 2'' exhaust.  Next I am looking into upgrading the rear end.  I am leaning towards an auburn posi L/S unit and richmond ring and pinion.  The car is a daily driver and rarely sees the strip.  For the gears, posi and bearings it comes out to around 800 dollars.  Should I go with the 3.55 or 3.91 gears?  Also how hard is it to install? Thanks for any help.

Plumcrazy

Unless you are going to run some really large diameter tires you may want to consider a 3.23 gear for a daily driver.  :Twocents:

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

MoparYoungGun

Since it's a daily driver I would go with something around either 2.76's or 3.23's. Anything other than that for daily use becomes a pain.

RD

well with gas prices the way they are, and you DO rarely go to the strip, :D  find an mid 80's diplomat, they came with 2.2 gears, talk about some highway mileage!!! hehehe this was partially intended to make you smile and partially intended to make you save gas while you smile.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander