News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Few more pics of that #22 clone with home made nose cone

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, December 16, 2006, 11:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE CHARGER PUNK

except for the nose and wing ill say its a pretty good job, as u can see he used a 68-69 style hood and fenders(looks like Alot of work went into making it look era nascar correct as u can see it has no under hood bracing,bumper ends covered with sheet metal covered tail light panel,full roll cage goes right to engine bay,3 hood pins,trunk pins,custom made hood hinges etc,door handles shaved ,wheels and slicks,fender stickers and window retainers and side exhaust.)-MATT

hotrod98

Nice looking car. Wonder why he went to the extent that he did to make it look authentic, yet didn't build the air cleaner to look authentic. We're going to build Howie's air cleaner to look like the original stock car style air cleaner on his daytona clone.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

THE CHARGER PUNK

i cant wait till u get back on makin his car, that 1st thread u had of making it look like a daytona was AWESOME!!! :icon_smile_big:

hotrod98

We'll be back on it as soon as the new shop is wired. We can't wait to get started. Still trying to get those hinges reproduced. What a pain.

Charles Addams

nitrometal

Quote from: hotrod98 on December 17, 2006, 02:07:18 AM
We're going to build Howie's air cleaner to look like the original stock car style air cleaner on his daytona clone.

Hey Larry, how would that work?  Would you take fresh air in through the cowl grill?  Would that be a problem when it's raining?  I've been thinking that would look cool (and more authentic) also.

Phil
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

hotrod98

Phil, Howie has the pics and dimensions to go by and in the end, it will be built the way that he wants it. But, my idea was to just make it look like it's drawing air in through the cowl area, but actually have it draw in underneath near the firewall. We talked about making a mold and making some of them out of fiberglass. We'll post pics when we get started on that part of the build.

Charles Addams

THE CHARGER PUNK

air cleaner like this on the #88 car(which is actually the test mule 71# car)-MATT

and here again on the #71 K&K

nitrometal

Nice pics Matt!!!  :thumbs:

I guess I need a single barrel cross-ram intake to complete that look.  Has anyone seen one lately?  I see a dual-carb set-up for sale here & there but never a single.

Also, is there a reason you don't draw nice cool air through the cowl?  Is it like I mentioned above, rain will get in?  It wouldn't be practical for a street car I'm guessing.

Phil
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

Ghoste

For as often as you'd be planning to drive your Charger in the rain, I'm sure you could put together some kind of foul weather blockoff plate like the 69 1/2 Six Pack cars had.

Brock Samson

seems like a small baffel (sp?) and/or maybe a light screen or stiff foam would keep the water out with perhaps a elevation rise towards the carb so water won't pool there...