News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Salvage yard photos...

Started by 69Charger_440, December 17, 2006, 04:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Devil on December 29, 2007, 04:47:50 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 29, 2007, 07:40:42 AM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on December 20, 2007, 02:52:35 PM
I cant believe I didn't see this thread yet.  :o. Can I use those pics for my site? ;)
Need you always ask that?  Seriously, just copy and paste.  If it's out there, it's out there. :shruggy:    And if they tell you no, I'll do it, and send it to you. :P  (not really, just making a point)

Yes, legally he has to ask.  Otherwise he can get in trouble, again, for use without permission.

Ryan
Do not take this wrong, but, say's who?  I don't buy it.  Would love other opinions.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

bull

Quote from: 69Charger_440 on December 17, 2006, 11:54:50 PM
"I see a whole bunch of stuff there that's quite usable, including whole cars. Nice pics!"

The Chargers were pretty much stripped inside and out.  The stuff that was left on the Chargers was either rotting, had a really bad hit, or you name it.  If there had been anything worth buying, trust me, I would have bought it.  I saw two fastback Barracuda's that weren't too bad, and the 3rd generation stuff was actually pretty darn good.   

Here's what I see that's worth buying just from what I can see in the pictures:

Pic 4. Charger door latches and stainless trim. Coronet wing windows.
Pic 5. Charger deck lid w/latch and 1/4 window
Pic 6. Challenger rear window, deck lid hinges and 1/4 windows
Pic 7. Charger side marker lights and the good stainless trim
Pic 9. Barracuda left tail light, rear deck lid and/or trim, rear window and stainless trim
Pic 10. Door, stainless trim
Pic 11. Not much
Pic 12. Roadrunnner or GTX front bumper (if straight and not rusty), various interior parts
Pic 13. Charger glass, stainless trim, door, A/C evaporator core (if original)
Pic 14 and 15. A lot
Pic 16. Fury various universal parts if present (like glove box light lense, arm rests, etc.)
Pic 18. Challenger Stainless trim, LR marker light bezel, passenger door(?)
Pic 19. Challenger door
Pic 20. Charger that one last piece of stainless
Pic 21. Charger door and stainless trim
Pic 22. Charger LR wheel trim
Pic 23. Charger front license plate frame

Anyway, there's more I'd grab from what I see in the other pics but you get my drift. :shruggy: But, if you're like me, you probably can't afford the prices they charge for banged up parts.

dukeboy_318

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 29, 2007, 09:06:34 PM
I cant believe I didn't see this thread yet.  :o. Can I use those pics for my site? ;)
Need you always ask that?  Seriously, just copy and paste.  If it's out there, it's out there. :shruggy:    And if they tell you no, I'll do it, and send it to you. :P  (not really, just making a point)

Yes, legally he has to ask.  Otherwise he can get in trouble, again, for use without permission.

Ryan
Do not take this wrong, but, say's who?  I don't buy it.  Would love other opinions.

he done this on cuda-challenger.com and kept picking on bronze for not aksing in the past which bronze has apologized to him for, which ryan turned into a legal debate between several members including myself, which he nad another individual began calling each other names and led to the thread getting locked, he just wont give up running the kids name through the muck here, there, everywhere, its under the forgotten/negelected mopars section over at c-c.com if you'd like to read. guy thinks he knows more than a copyright lawyer who's been in the business for over 25 yrs.  im going to ignore him from this point on as much as i can. Ryan please for the sake of these sites, let this past issue die, its over, hes not going to do it again, please can we get back to what we all have a passion for, mopars :shruggy:
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: dukeboy_318 on December 30, 2007, 06:36:36 PM

he done this on cuda-challenger.com and kept picking on bronze for not aksing in the past which bronze has apologized to him for, which ryan turned into a legal debate between several members including myself, which he nad another individual began calling each other names and led to the thread getting locked, he just wont give up running the kids name through the muck here, there, everywhere, its under the forgotten/negelected mopars section over at c-c.com if you'd like to read. guy thinks he knows more than a copyright lawyer who's been in the business for over 25 yrs.  im going to ignore him from this point on as much as i can. Ryan please for the sake of these sites, let this past issue die, its over, hes not going to do it again, please can we get back to what we all have a passion for, mopars :shruggy:

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

bull

Cool! Sounds like I found a new way to fund my Charger restoration. I'll just take a bunch of Mopar pictures, upload them to a few Mopar sites and then wait for people to start posting them on other websites so I can sue their pants off. :2thumbs:

Shakey

Ryan

Exactly - they're F'in photos of wrecked and rotting cars for F sakes.  I'd just use the photos and tell whomever has a gripe with it to go F themselves.  If they are interested in pursuing it further, have their attorney send a formal letter.  Once the bitches find out how much a letter costs you'll never hear from them again.

dukeboy_318

Quote from: bull on December 30, 2007, 08:06:05 PM
Cool! Sounds like I found a new way to fund my Charger restoration. I'll just take a bunch of Mopar pictures, upload them to a few Mopar sites and then wait for people to start posting them on other websites so I can sue their pants off. :2thumbs:

:smilielol: sorry bull, you'll have to find another way,  its not illegal, at least by US law, only marked items are, not unmarked, so if you dont want someone using pics, like some places put their website name on them somewhere plainly visible.  But anyway, more pic please, as sad as it is, it serves as a reminder to where the cars we are restoring could be if it wasnt for us :yesnod:

dukeboy_318

Quote from: Shakey on December 30, 2007, 08:19:14 PM

Ryan

Exactly - they're F'in photos of wrecked and rotting cars for F sakes.  I'd just use the photos and tell whomever has a gripe with it to go F themselves.  If they are interested in pursuing it further, have their attorney send a formal letter.  Once the bitches find out how much a letter costs you'll never hear from them again.

:smilielol:

69bronzeT5

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

dukeboy_318

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:, sorry just had to continue the smileys,  :smilielol: :smilielol:

skip68

Cody is under 18, so you see it's not his fault.  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

69bronzeT5

69charger2002

sad that this topic stays at the top because of this irrelevant garbage and smilies.. any chance we could just let the thread die or at least show more salvage yard photos or SOMETHING??  :icon_smile_blackeye:
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

69bronzeT5

Man, that white '68 got smoked! :o

dukeboy_318

ive just got a few, heres some now, not in yards, just around town anyone can use these if they want, cody i think you have these already,

73 duster slant 6 auto, was for sale now guy is in iraq. sold to another military guy who is having heart problems and hasnt been able to move the car yet, sold in july of 07

dukeboy_318

74 duster, slant 6, auto, running guy wont sell for less than 5k :hah: :brickwall:

next are from a plymouth fury, i think 68-70, not much on c-bodies, fender says 383, has a 440 in now, orginal motor apart laying in the trunk, block, heads, crank, the whole motor, apart but there, guy wont sell thinks maybe one day his grand kid will want it, kids 7 years old :rotz: :rotz:

TheAutoArchaeologist

QuoteDo not take this wrong, but, say's who?  I don't buy it.  Would love other opinions.

US law

Quotehe done this on cuda-challenger.com and kept picking on bronze for not aksing in the past which bronze has apologized to him for, which ryan turned into a legal debate between several members including myself, which he nad another individual began calling each other names and led to the thread getting locked, he just wont give up running the kids name through the muck here, there, everywhere, its under the forgotten/negelected mopars section over at c-c.com if you'd like to read. guy thinks he knows more than a copyright lawyer who's been in the business for over 25 yrs.  im going to ignore him from this point on as much as i can. Ryan please for the sake of these sites, let this past issue die, its over, hes not going to do it again, please can we get back to what we all have a passion for, mopars

You have no legal recourse.  You have no proof, I've been working in copyright law, you haven't.  You have no proof to your fictional law.  I've shown proof and evidence to support my claims, you have no proof.

QuoteExactly - they're F'in photos of wrecked and rotting cars for F sakes.  I'd just use the photos and tell whomever has a gripe with it to go F themselves.  If they are interested in pursuing it further, have their attorney send a formal letter.  Once the bitches find out how much a letter costs you'll never hear from them again.

They are a persons private property.  Just because you don't like the law, doesn't mean you can't follow it.  I know the cost of the letter, it isn't that much.

Quotesorry bull, you'll have to find another way,  its not illegal, at least by US law, only marked items are, not unmarked, so if you dont want someone using pics, like some places put their website name on them somewhere plainly visible.  But anyway, more pic please, as sad as it is, it serves as a reminder to where the cars we are restoring could be if it wasnt for us

You have no proof of your legal concept, I have evidence to show that you can't, it doesn't have to be marked.  Bring up a shread of evidence.  Here is some of mine.

http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html

http://www.photolaw.net/faq.html

http://www.acm.org/crossroads/xrds2-2/weblaw.html

http://www.pdimages.com/law/10.htm

QuoteDo we want the link??   Because I am the one that now looks, In Ryans words. "like a fool".  I still think he makes him self look like a fool.  But since I am sure what I said on the Cuda-Challenger thread helped get it locked and I don't want to get this thread locked.  This is the last I will speak of it.

Three people agreed with you, everyone else sided with me, and you got the thread locked cause of your little tirade.  That definately show's your maturity.

You guys want to go on your little tirades about how I'm "wrong" and "fussing" about.  Apparently you never learn, so it has to be repeated.

Ryan

hemigeno

That's quite enough on that subject...   ::)