News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'68 Charger Value

Started by ViperDave, December 18, 2006, 12:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68charger440R/T

Quote from: 694spdRT on March 29, 2010, 05:01:09 PM
I drove a red '68 when I was 17 too. Unfortunately, that was 20 years ago.  :P

BTW: Nice car and I think it looks great just the way it is.  :2thumbs:
Thanks man :2thumbs:
1 of 33,514

modmidget

Here are a couple of pix of my '68.  I paid $4,000.00 for it, cleaned up the rust, gutted it, got rid of the gold paint, and restored it.  The paint is 2003 Dodge Inferno Red ( code PEL).  I spent about $11,000.00 restoring it and did most of the work myself (except bondo and paint). The engine is a 318 with Edelbrock 4 barrel and Edelbrock aluminum intake manifold.

Brock Samson

pics ain't workin MM,..  :shruggy:

modmidget

Yeah, I know.  I don't know what the hell is wrong.  I've tried everything I can think of.  Can you click on the quote button and see if you can spot anything?  I even did a cut and paste from another web site with no luck......

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: modmidget on March 29, 2010, 06:58:16 PM
Here are a couple of pix of my '68.  I paid $4,000.00 for it, cleaned up the rust, gutted it, got rid of the gold paint, and restored it.  The paint is 2003 Dodge Inferno Red ( code PEL).  I spent about $11,000.00 restoring it and did most of the work myself (except bondo and paint),

:2thumbs:

modmidget

Got it.  The damn img tag is case sensitive.  My link said photos instead of Photos.........  Go figure!

modmidget

Hey Brock,  come up to Woodland on June 13 with your Charger for the Woodland Street Cruisers car show at the Yolo County Fairgrounds.  I'm already entered but it would be fun to hook up with you and put our cars in the show side by side.  We're only 90 miles away.

Brock Samson

shoot me a link.  :2thumbs: how about a pic or two of your pearl white int?..  :drool5:

68charger440R/T

Quote from: modmidget on March 29, 2010, 06:58:16 PM
Here are a couple of pix of my '68.  I paid $4,000.00 for it, cleaned up the rust, gutted it, got rid of the gold paint, and restored it.  The paint is 2003 Dodge Inferno Red ( code PEL).  I spent about $11,000.00 restoring it and did most of the work myself (except bondo and paint). The engine is a 318 with Edelbrock 4 barrel and Edelbrock aluminum intake manifold.

Nice car man!!! i love that color :2thumbs:
1 of 33,514

modmidget

Brock, They don't have a web site this year so here's what I've got:

10th Annual Woodland Hot Rod Reunion & Motorcycle Show  - Sunday June 13.

$20.00 Pre-Registration or $25.00 at the gate.
Unrestricted parking and group parking is welcome (they use to park by class but not any more).
I've entered as Class 5 - Best Muscle Car
All vehicles must be 1972 or older.

They will start parking cars around 7:30 or 8:00 until 10:30.  I think the show ends at 3:00 and in the past the awards are usually done by 3:30.

I usually try to be there at 8:00 (I hate being late for anything), so if you want to come up and meet me before we go into the fairgrounds you would have to leave SF around 6:30.

modmidget

Thanks for the compliments guys.  These pix are 6 years old but the car is garaged and still looks the same.

Brock Samson

ok,.. lettuce dump this info over on the events forum and see if anyone else is interested..  :2thumbs:

edit: done!
back to our regularly scheduled program..  :icon_smile_wink:

375instroke

I remember this car from the same time.  2006.  I think it was a steal for the pricing at the time.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,10525.0/all.html

Black Charger

modmidget,

Your car is beautiful, that inferno red looks fantastic on your car!

modmidget

Thank you!!!!

We wanted Candy Apple Red but it would have cost us nearly 3 times as much as the base coat/clear coat Inferno Red.

I found a body & paint guy who had been laid off at a nearby Cadillac dealership and he did the car for $2200.00 including paint.

ram68

I agree 15 to 20k is about right. I have a 318 car and plan on keeping it like that.  I've been to many shows and cruises; Hot August Nights in Reno being one of them. When cruising what counts is having a clean car and nice sounding exhaust. The crowds go more crazy for the exhaust sound than when the hood is open and their looking at an engine.  Anyway most cruises all you're doing is cruising at 20 mph at the most (personal opinion: that is a bit fast), BB's only advantage is being able to drink more gas.  Of course if you're racing etc. then more cubes the better.

Brock Samson

Being 17 and this being a first car the voice of my experiance says it's allot cheaper and smarter just to appreciate it  driving it as is, simply making detail improvements like the correct seat covers or what ever - than swapping in any B.B.   Plenty of room for that down the road if that does become the plan.   :2thumbs:

clanton

Column shift F code. I would say if you had to sell it you would get between 9K - 13K for it.
Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

68charger440R/T

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 31, 2010, 10:49:53 AM
  Being 17 and this being a first car the voice of my experiance says it's allot cheaper and smarter just to appreciate it  driving it as is, simply making detail improvements like the correct seat covers or what ever - than swapping in any B.B.   Plenty of room for that down the road if that does become the plan.   :2thumbs:
Thanks Brock, thats some good advise i think thats what i will do, i dont need all that power right now anyways.
O and i haven't forgot about the pics im just waiting to get a new camera ill probably have them up later today.
1 of 33,514

Brock Samson

Do not sell that charger.

68charger440R/T

Trust me im not ever gona sell it!!!
1 of 33,514

rarefish

Quote from: 375instroke on March 30, 2010, 12:57:39 AM
I remember this car from the same time.  2006.  I think it was a steal for the pricing at the time.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,10525.0/all.html
Being the owner of this car I guess I would say it was a deal back then. With the car that I traded and the cash that I had to include, I'm into the car for just under $20K.

DodgeChargerNeeded

That car is worth $20k no question
Jeff