News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

**Update** - 2007 Aero Car Reunion Milwaukee Wisconsin - Hotel Info Added

Started by Aero426, December 20, 2006, 07:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 24, 2007, 10:18:46 PM
Put me down for a spot Doug, i'm 90% sure i'm gonna make it with my C500 :thumbup: 

That's great, we would love to see some 500's attend,and you too   ;D.       

Aero426

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 24, 2007, 10:18:46 PM
Put me down for a spot Doug, i'm 90% sure i'm gonna make it with my C500 :thumbup: 

Paul, if you are thinking of coming, you should make a hotel reservations now, if you haven't done so.   They are going to lift the block of rooms on 7/22, and the rate will increase.    If you do not come, you can always cancel up to 24 hours before the meet.

Doug

69_500

Grrrrrrrrrr. Its always something isn't it. I have had this date penciled in on the calendar for months now. Yesterday we got the schedule for my son's football for this fall. Wouldn't you know that the fall kickoff/jamboree is August 25th. why do they do this kind of stuff to me.

Doug, if I can talk a kid into missing it, or his mom into letting me miss it I'll still try to make it. I don't think that will happen, at this point it looks like the only C500 will be Pauls, and maybe Vickies.

Aero426

Quote from: 69_500 on August 17, 2007, 05:00:57 PM
Grrrrrrrrrr. Its always something isn't it. I have had this date penciled in on the calendar for months now. Yesterday we got the schedule for my son's football for this fall. Wouldn't you know that the fall kickoff/jamboree is August 25th. why do they do this kind of stuff to me.

Doug, if I can talk a kid into missing it, or his mom into letting me miss it I'll still try to make it. I don't think that will happen, at this point it looks like the only C500 will be Pauls, and maybe Vickies.

Jerry Narramore's,  Paul's and Phil Borucki's F8 green car are going to be there.

pettybird

i'll be there, too--found out TODAY that another trip i'd planned is being postponed (she's pretty--what can I say?)

I may or may not have my friend steve kay (Q5 tona, B5 bird) along for the ride...  heck it's 4 days away, right?

IF steve doesn't go, anyone have an extra bed/floor space for me? 

funny also is that steve's old F6 daytona was bought from steve klein sporting the skull and crossbones treatment on its wing, too...  pirates love daytonas.

how many FORDS are going?  anyone yet??  i haven't seen a talladega in a long time.

Aero426

There will be a dozen Talladegas and Spoiler II's at the show.

ARCA has just given final approval for the #7 Ramo Superbird and #98 Parsons Talladega to lead the first pace lap of the race for TV.    These two cars are the 1969 and 1970 ARCA championship cars.   

The street Aero cars will do a parade lap at 11:30 on Sunday.

PocketThunder

So doug, should i just show up at Vetrans Park on Saturday morning?  What time?

Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

pettybird

Quote from: DougSchellinger on August 20, 2007, 10:52:31 AM

that's awesome.  are the wells' coming from e-ville?

Aero426

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 20, 2007, 03:21:09 PM

Paul

Paul, what time do you think you will arrive in Milwaukee?   

We are leaving the hotel at 7:45.  It's about 20 minutes to the lakefront.   

If you're coming on your own, take I-94 east all the way to the lakefront.   Exit left at the Lakefront Exit which will dump you on Lincoln Memorial Drive.   Take this about one mile.  Turn right at Veterans Park (Lagoon Drive).  Follow Lagoon south to the show.    Need to get you there by 8:30 if possible.

Look forward to meeting you.   
Doug

Aero426

Quote from: pettybird on August 20, 2007, 10:34:12 PM
Quote from: DougSchellinger on August 20, 2007, 10:52:31 AM

that's awesome.  are the wells' coming from e-ville?

Yes, they are coming, for sure.

pettybird

awesome.  i'll be there thursday at HD...

this is my first wing meet alone.  it feels kinda weird...

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

Quote from: DougSchellinger on August 21, 2007, 09:34:28 AM
Quote from: PocketThunder on August 20, 2007, 03:21:09 PM

Paul

Paul, what time do you think you will arrive in Milwaukee?   

We are leaving the hotel at 7:45.  It's about 20 minutes to the lakefront.   

If you're coming on your own, take I-94 east all the way to the lakefront.   Exit left at the Lakefront Exit which will dump you on Lincoln Memorial Drive.   Take this about one mile.  Turn right at Veterans Park (Lagoon Drive).  Follow Lagoon south to the show.    Need to get you there by 8:30 if possible.

Look forward to meeting you.   
Doug

I'll be comming down Friday afternoon and staying at my old roommates house in Hartford for Friday night.  So we can get up and get going right away in the morning.  I can meet you at the hotel and drive down with everyone else, that would be fun.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Aero426

Great we will see you at the hotel in the morning at the hotel.

If for some reason we do not connect,  take I-94 east until you hit water.     Take the Lakefront exit to the left.   Veterans Park is about one mile or so north on the right.   It's next to the water.   My cell is 414-687-2489.
Doug

PocketThunder

Quote from: DougSchellinger on August 22, 2007, 09:31:37 AM
Great we will see you at the hotel in the morning at the hotel.

If for some reason we do not connect,  take I-94 east until you hit water.     Take the Lakefront exit to the left.   Veterans Park is about one mile or so north on the right.   It's next to the water.   My cell is 414-687-2489.
Doug

Yep, been to Summerfest a couple times when i lived in North Lake for the summer.  but I'll plan to see you at the hotel.

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on August 22, 2007, 08:18:52 AM
   your a big boy now i'm sure you will be fine

still weird.

not worried.

should have left already.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

Pretty nice event.   Counting a few cars coming and going, we had 50 cars on Saturday and Sunday.   Here's the breakdown:

20 Superbirds
5 Daytonas
3 Charger 500
8 Talladegas
8 Cyclones
6 B-Bodies

We dodged rain drops through Saturday morning, but were dry for most of the activities.    Paul made it down with the slant six Charger 500 on Saturday.

We ran Rick Stanton's Boss 429 Talladega on the dyno at Aloha on Friday.   With uncorked headers, it ran 640 HP at the rear wheels.   Pretty Impressive.   

Track display was very nice.  We got two parade laps in on Sunday.      The Stott Superbird and Parsons Talladega led the first pace lap on Sunday.     

PocketThunder

Quote from: DougSchellinger on August 27, 2007, 12:57:22 PM
Pretty nice event.   Counting a few cars coming and going, we had 50 cars on Saturday and Sunday.   Here's the breakdown:

20 Superbirds
5 Daytonas
3 Charger 500
8 Talladegas
8 Cyclones
6 B-Bodies

We dodged rain drops through Saturday morning, but were dry for most of the activities.    Paul made it down with the slant six Charger 500 on Saturday.

We ran Rick Stanton's Boss 429 Talladega on the dyno at Aloha on Friday.   With uncorked headers, it ran 640 HP at the rear wheels.   Pretty Impressive.   

Track display was very nice.  We got two parade laps in on Sunday.      The Stott Superbird and Parsons Talladega led the first pace lap on Sunday.     

Did you hear if speed vision televised the parade lap on TV?  If so it will be on again at 3:00am thursday night.

Aero426

They pace lap was at 11:57 AM.  TV came on at noon.    So I doubt that it was.    This had to do with the two hour time window for the live broadcast.    The only other possibility was if they put it in the can for later in the broadcast.   I haven't seen it yet.

pettybird

Quote from: DougSchellinger on August 27, 2007, 04:06:12 PM
They pace lap was at 11:57 AM.  TV came on at noon.    So I doubt that it was.    This had to do with the two hour time window for the live broadcast.    The only other possibility was if they put it in the can for later in the broadcast.   I haven't seen it yet.

we are in it.  scott faulkner says they looked over my signed wing, and he says they have me on the parade lap with the 43's on the door and coyote hanging out the window.

Aero426

It must be part way through the race then???   I got the first 45 minutes or so on tape and it isn't on there.