News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody ever seen this before?

Started by 1958300, December 25, 2006, 10:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My 1972 Charger Rallye coupe is currently at the body shop on the rotissierie being sandblasted. Some ugly surprises, but one real jewel. We found a tag that says N96  PREP LINE. I have never heard of a tag for the N96 PREP LINE, but apparently the car was taken off the regular assembly line for the special preparation that was needed to install the air grabber hood.

Has anyone else ever seen a fender tag like this?
pwlynn@att.net
1972 Charger Rallye coupe auto 440 N96, GY9 (1 of 28)
1990 Dakota convertible

TylerCharger69

I'm sure one of the gurus here can answer that.  If not Galen Govier, (check out his website) can definately answer that question for you.  As for me....I've never seen that...even cars equipped with either the Air Grabber or Shaker hoods.

Drache

N96 has to deal with the hood I know that but I never heard of the "PREP LINE" before! Pics?  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Hemidoug

N96 is the Ramcharger hood. Is that coded for the Ramcharger option on the Data Tag? Where was the tag located? My 71 doesn't have that, so I wonder if it was 72 only?
PIC PLEASE??????

There are some extra vacuum lines and assorted other equipment that needs to be installed before the hood. I wonder if they were diverted before the hood was put on. I would think they were painted with the bare hood on the car, but who knows.....
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD