News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Grille "I" piece and "check mark" trim repopped

Started by dodgecharger-fan, August 31, 2005, 07:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgecharger-fan

I searched and didn't see it posted here..

I saw a repopped I piece at MOPARFest.
NOT the plastic one.
This was real metal.

Same vendor had the vinyl trim check marks in metal as well..
Gunslinger - the people with the pistol grips for automatics - was the vendor.

Just thought I'd let you know if you all didn't already.

Troy

Yeah, and if you need any of that let me know. Gunslinger is one of our sponsors - whenever I get those added to the site... ;D

They also have upper and lower grill trim for 68 and 69 Chargers. The grill corners are coming soon. They are working on tailpanel trim as well as 68 taillights. The funny thing is, hardly anyone is buying the resto parts but he made pistol grip shifters for SRT-10s and practically sold out at the Nats. The shifters for Dakotas are popular as well. I'll have pictures of all of the new stuff soon I hope.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Shakey

When I spoke to him at Moparfest he had told me that he is having the straight pieces for the grilles (68 & 69) redone because he was not thrilled with the way they turned out.  He said may be ready by October.

dodgecharger-fan

Nice.
It's good to know that they give a damn about quality.

SpudRacer

;D ;D     I NEED a new "I" Piece desperately.   I've been driving around without one for about 4 months.   A whole grill trim set wouldn't hurt either.   Can anyone tell me how to get a hold of Gunslingers or order an "I" PIece?

Many thanks,

Tom
Tom
Bryson City, NC
69' Charger R/T SE Turquoise

Troy

http://www.pistolgrip727.com/
PHONE: 775-750-0988
gunslinger727@earthlink.net

Troy

Troy

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on September 01, 2005, 04:27:28 PM
Nice.
It's good to know that they give a damn about quality.

The 68 pieces were sent back because the bend in the center wasn't crisp enough. It should have been a sharp line but the demo pieces were just kinda rounded. He's pretty picky when it comes to this stuff.

Troy

Shakey

Quote from: SpudRacer on September 01, 2005, 10:59:26 PM
;D ;D     I NEED a new "I" Piece desperately.   I've been driving around without one for about 4 months.   A whole grill trim set wouldn't hurt either.   Can anyone tell me how to get a hold of Gunslingers or order an "I" PIece?

Many thanks,

Tom

Tom,

Your car looks great!  New boots?

SpudRacer

Yes, new "boots!!"

I whipped off an email to Gunslingers yesterday, haven't heard back yet.  Somewhere, somebody's gotta have the knowledge where I can get a NEW "I" Piece :yesnod: :rotz: :yesnod:
Tom
Bryson City, NC

Troy

I think his minimum order is 1,000 and I know he's still got boxes of them...

Troy

Shakey

Quote from: Troy on September 02, 2005, 12:52:51 PM

Troy

So he is wholesale only?  1000 units or 1000 dollars?

I had one in my hand at Moparfest and was going to buy it but I wanted to wait until all of the pieces were finished and get them from the same source so that the finish on all of the pieces is consistent.

Are you supplying / selling these items Troy or are you able to get some kind of discount for us?

Shakey

Quote from: SpudRacer on September 02, 2005, 12:46:09 PM
Yes, new "boots!!"

I whipped off an email to Gunslingers yesterday, haven't heard back yet.   Somewhere, somebody's gotta have the knowledge where I can get a NEW "I" Piece :yesnod: :rotz: :yesnod:

He and his Wife are on the road, hitting car shows around the contient.  They don't usually get back until October / November buut check their e-mails when they can.  Try calling him.

I have also seen the metal ones on e-bay.

GD Musclecar Parts outta FL has advertised them on e-bay for $200.00 USD, the same as Gunslinger's base price.

Troy

Quote from: Shakey on September 02, 2005, 01:40:32 PM
Quote from: Troy on September 02, 2005, 12:52:51 PM

Troy

So he is wholesale only? 1000 units or 1000 dollars?

I had one in my hand at Moparfest and was going to buy it but I wanted to wait until all of the pieces were finished and get them from the same source so that the finish on all of the pieces is consistent.

Are you supplying / selling these items Troy or are you able to get some kind of discount for us?

No, I meant he had to order 1,000 units in order to have them manufactured. He hasn't sold them all yet I'm sure. I am checking on discounts right now since you guys all ignored me the last time... :P

Gunslinger is the *only* place manufacturing metal 'I' pieces and checkmark trim so if someone else is selling them then they are most likely a dealer.

Troy

dodgecharger-fan

Discounts, you say?

Let me know when you get some info on that. I'd be in for a complete grill set.

I'm in no hurry, either. So, whenever you can set it up - assuming gunslinger goes for it - works for me.

SpudRacer

I finally received my plastic "I" piece from Year One.  I haven't installed it yet, and am thinking of ordering an aluminum piece from Gunslingers, then comparing the two of them side by side.  In defense of the plastic piece, it is much sturdier than the original aluminum one, and looks as though it could withstand a decent sized pebble-impact without a dent.  No so with the stock aluminum one, which dents quite easily.

Anyone want to see pictures?
Tom
Bryson City, NC

Troy

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on September 10, 2005, 09:16:26 AM
Discounts, you say?

Let me know when you get some info on that. I'd be in for a complete grill set.

I'm in no hurry, either. So, whenever you can set it up - assuming gunslinger goes for it - works for me.

The complete grill trim sets should be in around November. I was told that I could probably start taking pre-orders in October and the discount will depend on how many orders come in. I'll try to give more advanced notice this time.

Troy

SpudRacer

OK, here's my problem with the "I" piece.  Please look at the picture below.  My I piece sits too high in the middle and looks awful.  If I try to lower the whole grill in the middle to better align it, the I piece hits the front bumper.  I've tried lowering the middle and damaged the bottom of the my new radiator (DON'T ASK!!).  How do I align this so I can install my new I piece?
I have a new set of grill spacers from Year One, but that;s not what I need to fix this problem.  I'm stuck.
Many thanks guys.

Tom
Tom
Bryson City, NC

Shakey

SpudRacer

That's funny! :icon_smile_wink: :icon_smile_wink: :icon_smile_wink:  Upside down, that's a good one...

Tom
Tom
Bryson City, NC

Mfr426

Hey Tom, I think your car looks great and I'm pretty picky! I would not have noticed it (for what it's worth)...

Mike R in Reading PA
MFR426

694spdRT

Quote from: SpudRacer on September 14, 2005, 10:36:49 AM
OK, here's my problem with the "I" piece.  Please look at the picture below.  My I piece sits too high in the middle and looks awful.  If I try to lower the whole grill in the middle to better align it, the I piece hits the front bumper.  I've tried lowering the middle and damaged the bottom of the my new radiator (DON'T ASK!!).  How do I align this so I can install my new I piece?
I have a new set of grill spacers from Year One, but that;s not what I need to fix this problem.  I'm stuck.
Many thanks guys.

Tom

That I piece looks to have had some damage from the picture. The spacing with the grill divider seems to vary on the side like it was smashed in a some point and repaired. Perhaps it is deformed enough it will not line up properly. You might just have to try the new one and see if there is still a problem.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

SpudRacer

Good eyes, that I piece has been through a lot.  I would love to just install the new I piece, but I'm afraid it is going to be damaged by the front bumper.  I'm planning to give it a try tomorrow.

The picture is shot very low, and doesn't show how bad the alignment really is.

Tom
Tom
Bryson City, NC

694spdRT

Can the bumper be brought down or out some?

This is how mine ended up.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

SpudRacer

Tom