News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anyone look at Hemmings Muscle Magazine?

Started by Stormhammer, August 31, 2005, 11:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormhammer

just watch - I'm way behind on posting this

but a hemi '68 Charger is on the cover

has a hemi GTX in it -

something about some dude who owns a buttload of mopars

like... 17 1971 Hemi Chargers ( that greedy mother.... -ahem-)

as well as some other cool cars and a documentary on street racin gin NYC back in 1971

Bluebeast

Yeah, I have been a subscriber since the first issue. I really like the layout of the magazine and when you subscribe, it's only like $12.00 for the year. I did see that article--he's got cars in a couple diferent areas of town if I remember correctly. Lucky bastard!
1970 Dodge Charger 500 SE 4speed

twilt

Yes, i picked up 2 days ago.  i usually dont pick up any non mopar mags but couldnt pass up seeing the collection of 71 Hemi Chargers. He owns 1 in each color made.  The "dude"  goes by the name of Tim Wellborn and lives in Alabama.  He  has many other outstanding Mopars. very impressive.

Chargerguy74

That's kind of dangerous having damn near 20% of all the 71 HEMI Chargers built all in one spot like that. Gives me chills.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Ghoste

He isn't real far from where Kat came ashore either.  Do they get killer tornados in Alabama?

THE COLONEL

I love that magazine.  It's one of my favorites.  Can't wait to read that story.
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

TeeWJay426

Hopefully those Chargers made it through the hurricane unscathed!
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

andy74

MoparUSAF

Just finished the NYC street racing story.....a good one!

Stormhammer

Quote from: twilt on August 31, 2005, 11:54:47 PM
Yes, i picked up 2 days ago.  i usually dont pick up any non mopar mags but couldnt pass up seeing the collection of 71 Hemi Chargers. He owns 1 in each color made.  The "dude"  goes by the name of Tim Wellborn and lives in Alabama.  He  has many other outstanding Mopars. very impressive.

yea thats his name - I didnt feel liek getting up to go grab the magazine... I'm just a lazy bum

that he does - many many mopars - but still

just the pic of glistening '71 hemi chargers all in a row... right in the middle of the aisle of kroger i said " oh that mother... i hate him" and got some interesting looks  :icon_smile_approve:

Charger1970

Quoteanyone look at Hemmings Muscle Magazine?  

I let my subscription run out. I was on the fence about wheather or not to renew. Sometimes their 'facts' seem to be a little off. Then they came out with this DCX butt-kissing glossed over review of the 06 Charger. :rotz:

The issue with the 68 Charger on the cover was the last one I received. It would have been nice to have some better pictures of the 71 HEMI cars. Just about every issue has a nice MOPAR.
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

hemigeno

DC.com should get an assist for that issue.

Just before the old board shut down, the guy who was writing/researching for the '68 Hemi article posted a thread asking for information.  Some guys on this board scrounged around and found most of the specs that are listed for that car.  I'm not a subscriber, but they sent me a copy 3-4 weeks back for helping out.

Now where is that smilie with the trophy at...  ?

mustanghater

that hemi gtx vert was org from cleveland! My dad thinks he looked at that car
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

71RTN96

Want to hear a sad one? Did you see the Buick in that issue? I had a Stage 1 / 4 speed car that was black w/factory sunroof, it was called a Sun Coupe. Should of kept that one.   later     matt s

Stormhammer

yeah but who cares about the Buick - I read some of the hte mail type thingie how one guy compained they didnt show mustangs and camaro's really

and I'm personally glad they dont - I actually really enjoyed reading about that '73 Buick... snickered a little on how the guy thought it was the best looking ( maybe he meant out of that generation ) but non the less - it adds character to the magazine - same with how they have an Avanti in there too

generalfan01

hemmings made a typo on the cover, its a 68 hemi charger and on the cover it says 69 :'( i picked it up cause i thought a 69 was in there too, i was dissapointed

Ghoste

Did anyone else note the Buick owner was the police chief of Kirkersville?  That's the little crossroads hamlet just before you get to National Trail when you drive in from Columbus.