News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It's too bad

Started by Crazy440, September 01, 2005, 12:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy440

I posted a simple, but strange thing, that happens to me and thought it would bring a laugh.  I'm 58 years old, have lived in most of the areas of this fine land, we call home.  I've traveled to many other countries.  I, personally, love any kind of "intelligent" debate.  But, Troy, having to lock my post, because of childish rhetoric, is just pathetic. Yet, I agree, it should have been locked.  I, for one, do not post here, to insight.  I post to inform and to have a laugh.  Or to learn.  There are many political, religious and other forums for those types of debates.  THAT, is where you should post, the crap that was posted in my thread.  I've posted two non-inquisitve threads.  Both were high jacked.  I guess this is not a place, where I want to post anything but technical questions or answer technical questions.  Too bad, we have so many children, on this board, that don't know the proper place for their rhetoric.
I'm sure, this post, will be high jacked by those same individuals and will probably have to be locked.
Troy, sorry for spouting, but...
I used to have a handle on life....but it broke off.

CFMopar

I hear what your saying. Im glad the kansas post hasent been locked yet and for the most part we've kept it civil.
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

Brock Samson

Crazy I agree with ya' and understand why your pissed..   but i don't think anyone blames you or think it's your fault..   :rotz:
  There's just "Some People" who post useless crap and bring nothing to the table... in fact they don't care if what they post makes sense,   :icon_smile_dead: is spelled correctly* (apparently they're unaware of the spell check function)   :eyes: has punctuation,   :-\ offends anyone (sometimes this seems to be the goal in fact)   :flame: or makes so much as a lick of sense.   ??? I doubt if they even bother to proof read their posts...   :shruggy:
  Perhaps they believe that any attention, even ridicule,   is better then none.   :blahblah:

*cudaken excepted... his spelling is kinda cute...

:yesnod:

Troy

Well, I could just delete idiotic posts instead of locking threads but then everyone else would have a hard time distinguishing who the real idiots were. However, I can't just let those things run on forever and I'll generally lock it once personal attacks get in the way of any real discussion (and Chris and Neil help out a LOT!). I try not to be too restrictive like some places but there has to be some generally accepted rules of behavior. Most people "get it" but, sadly, some do not.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Telvis

Wow! I just found the thread you guys are talking about. We all get along so well most of the time. It's too bad that happened. Passionate discussion is great as long as we can keep from the personal attacks. You are right. It's sad that the discussion turned offensive.

RD

sad that it happened, but it sure wasnt the first, nor will it be the last.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Shakey

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

CFMopar

I dont know what thread it is :P
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g