News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Look who's gas gouging..........

Started by BigBlackDodge, September 01, 2005, 09:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

3.99 BP   Grantville,GA Thursday
7:41 AM I-85S & Hwy 29 (Exit 35)

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Telvis

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Stormhammer

haha! I know the Citgo at the top of the list - RIGHT by my house

its ALWAYS FREAKING BUSY! ( well no wonder now )

FastbackJon

Hey, how come it is 27 cents cheaper in Georgia than the lowest price in my city??

I'm way up in the pacific northwest where we don't get hurricanes!!

:icon_smile_angry:
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Charger_Fan

I saw a spot on the news last night that showed some places at over $5 a gallon...I didn't catch where though, but they said the feds are gonna lay down the spank on crap like that.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

FastbackJon

They should "lay down the spank" on $2.50 a gallon!! I'd like to see gas back at $1.25 for regular.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Chris G.

I went by the local Mobil on the way to work today (6am) and it was $2.99. Coming home at 4pm, it was $3.35. I guess I should have filled up this morning. Keep in mind NJ is one of the cheapest places for gas in the country.

Should I buy Schwinn stock? Maybe Vespa?   :'(

Stormhammer

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on September 01, 2005, 03:44:03 PM
I went by the local Mobil on the way to work today (6am) and it was $2.99. Coming home at 4pm, it was $3.35. I guess I should have filled up this morning. Keep in mind NJ is one of the cheapest places for gas in the country.

Should I buy Schwinn stock? Maybe Vespa?  :'(

we're still cheaper  ;D

twilt

The prices stablized here today. most of the chain stores are around $3.15. The privately owned ones $3.39.  from what i understand, the state of Georgia is going to really come down hard on gougers. A guy i work with told me that businesses can be fined $5000 for each customer gouged, $15,000 for each senior citizen.  i`d like to see it happen. 

Vainglory, Esq.

Man, I filled up last night at $2.89 a gallon - who knew that L.A. would be the place for cheap gas?? :P

MoparYoungGun

$2.99 for regular here in Saint Paul, MN.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: FastbackJon on September 01, 2005, 03:36:17 PM
I'd like to see gas back at $1.25 for regular.
Me too!
Last weekend, I was cleaning inside my car & found a gas receipt wedged in the seat from 11 months ago...it was $1.39 a gallon! Today, the cheapest I've found is $2.72. :-\

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Chris G.

I should mention that the $3.35 figure I posted, is for the "Good Stuff". The regular price is at $2.89.

It's been a while since I rode a bike.  :rotz:

golden73

This is absolutely rediculous, on my way home from work I filled up on 87 octane at $2.95 a gallon (4pm). When my dad came home, it just rose another 20 cents. The economy is going to get much worse, since no one will have money to go out and do things. :flame:

Silver R/T

.99c for regular unleaded baby, thats what im talking about
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

BigBlackDodge

Pays to shop around in town and talk to people. I paid 2.68 a gal today at lunch..............on the other side of town it's 3.29 a gal!!!!!

Thats .61 cents per gal difference within a few miles distance!

Friggin ridiculous!

BBD

XXSpiralXX

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on September 01, 2005, 02:25:13 PM
I saw a spot on the news last night that showed some places at over $5 a gallon...I didn't catch where though, but they said the feds are gonna lay down the spank on crap like that.

Yeah ok, theyll lay down the spank when they dont get their kickbacks.

Troy

Quote from: XXSpiralXX on September 01, 2005, 07:58:53 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on September 01, 2005, 02:25:13 PM

Yeah ok, theyll lay down the spank when they dont get their kickbacks.

After 9/11 they prosecuted a lot of people for price gouging - it's illegal. They don't get any kickbacks as far as I know. Do you have any facts?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

ChargerSG

Even the prices on the otherside of the Atlantic got a hit up.....
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

twilt

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on September 01, 2005, 06:30:46 PM
Pays to shop around in town and talk to people. I paid 2.68 a gal today at lunch..............on the other side of town it's 3.29 a gal!!!!!

Thats .61 cents per gal difference within a few miles distance!

Friggin ridiculous!

BBD
you got that right. My dad lives on the north side of Atlanta and told me tonight that gas was $2.99/gall at all stations that he drove past today.
Here on the east side of Atlanta,  most were $3.15 , some higher. 

SuBLimE 69

One of the local Hodgie stop and rob owners had his up to 5.35....Him and the safe were cracked about an hour after closing time.  Store video showed him laughing, talking on the phone, and counting money until this brutha about the size of a refigerator broke the glass door out and whipped his @$$.  30 minutes before the guy entered the store he had knocked on the door and begged the owner to let him pump gas but the owner said "I made enough american money, go away"... Just a short story...not trying to jack the thread.

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

71_deputy

up here in Ontario is about $1.149 per lit which = about $ 5.22 a gallon!!!!!  guess some travelling around in the Deputy is gonna be short and sweet this weekend!!!! :'(
1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van

TruckDriver

:rotz:

A gas station in Stockbridge, Ga., posts prices for gasoline from $5.87 to $6.07 per gallon Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2005.

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

RD

wow...  :o :o

this is ending up just like that oil crisis tv show that came on earlier this year!!!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

MoparYoungGun

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on September 01, 2005, 09:26:28 PM
:rotz:

A gas station in Stockbridge, Ga., posts prices for gasoline from $5.87 to $6.07 per gallon Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2005.

:o , that's fricken insane!

Stormhammer

I find it a little odd

all BPs are freakin EXPENSIVE...

for some reason the Chevron that was open yesterday? was completely closed today ( lot blocked off, no price in signs, gas pumps coverd  ??? )

and that Citgo still reeling in business - though they close at 9 ( they have a sign put out ) just to conserve gas till the tankers arrive

I really like the owner too - middle eastern yes, but he's a big round nice jolly guy - an dhas the best price in town ( and in georgia apparently )  :yesnod:

bull

Quote from: FastbackJon on September 01, 2005, 02:20:11 PM
Hey, how come it is 27 cents cheaper in Georgia than the lowest price in my city??

I'm way up in the pacific northwest where we don't get hurricanes!!

:icon_smile_angry:

Wait until Rainier blows her top. We'll wish we were in New Orleans.