News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fuel additives-found some old stuff at the garage

Started by andy74, September 01, 2005, 01:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy74

i found a couple gallons of the additive mmt,a lead substitute that is supposed to raise the octane of gas quite a bit.the containers are 16 onces each,and say they will treat a 20 gallon tank.is this stuff any good,or should i leave it where i found it?they are probably 3 years old or so,and were brought here from canada,according to the shipping reciept on the boxes.can i use this and 89 octane instead of the 93 i usually use?

Shakey

A good way to test to see if they are any good is to light a full book of matches and throw them at the cans.

1BAD68

yes, they should still be good unless they were opened.

cudaken

Andy, what is in your Charger beside the New Baby smell?

As far as the lead, I don't feel like you need that. This has been posted before and my self never installed the harden seat's and vales last 90,000 miles plus as they did in the good Old, Old day's.

As far as the octane, unless you are over a ture 9.0 to 1 you should be fine. Note I said a ture not adverstised 9 to 1. Also depend's on the advances and the curve, and cam over lap.

Is it free?

Cuda Ken
I am back