News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

blu dots

Started by Brock Samson, January 09, 2007, 04:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

the lights,..
anyone use em?..   :eyes:

mikepmcs

Dave, are you talking headlights or the little ones that make the tail lights look purple?

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Brock Samson

these..
it was a bitch inding the website sorry..

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ACC-C10-7612

what could be cooler then blue dot sequencials?..  :laugh:

Brock Samson

i bet Gotelli's has em instock...

mikepmcs

oh yeah, i got em baby.  on my 55 though, not my charger.  that might look kind of busy with 2 or 3 blu's in each light assembly, just a thought.

should be in your local pep boys or auto zone, etc...

v/r
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Brock Samson

there's gotta be a way...  ;D

mikepmcs

i think a better way would be if you could fabricate a thin blue strip to put right in the crease(you know where the ribbed part of the lens meets the smooth part)  I think that would work better and be less noticeable. 

Brock Samson

im gonna check to see if there's a way to do it , i have extra tailights, i may end up having to fashion a completly new harness.
Wouldn't that be trick?!  :yesnod:

HITMAN 149

hey strat....
bunch of my bike guys have em on their tailights!!!looks cool!!!!  i had a blue dot on my old 75 flh on the lower frame arm!!! looked cool!!! i have one to put on my new bike underneath one of the saddle bags!!!! it's a lil bullitt light!!! 
hey miike...that's a damn fine lookin 55!!! my #1 (shhhhhhhh) all time fav car!!! 68 r/t a verrrrry close #2!!!!!!!!! i just figured i was a lil young right now for a 55!!! so i went w/ the 68 r/t!!! mua-hahahahaha!!!!! :yesnod:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Brock Samson

i asked the Gotellis' guy at the rod and custom show yesterday and he told me difinitivly that the only vehicles allowed to have them are police bikes,.. he says they have them in stock and simply press on the bulb.

HITMAN 149

negative brock.... :rotz:
depends on your state....... some states won't allow you to have the red & blue spot lights that are on the police bikes.... a blue dot is something totally different...it's  just a lil blue center (@ size of a quarter)dot that gives your red light a lil different color!!!
i'd double check on that dave!!!!
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Brock Samson

i tried to make the blue dots work but they are too small to fit around the bulbs and im not drilling out my tailight lenses to make em show that way...
i still haven't given up though, I have an extra set of tailights and will be attempting to hook them up.
i'll let ya' know how they turn out..

mikepmcs

Dave if you are trying to install them on your bulbs instead of on the outside fo your lenses.  Go get some blue tinted light bulbs instead, it should work the same.  You could get them at a truck stop or even walmart I bet.  Then just wire the new harness up with the new bulb(i imagine you will have to get the new sockets for the new bulbs because I don't think 1156 and 1157's will be found in blue) i could be wrong though.
Good luck
v/r
Mike

Brock Samson

it's not a high priority just some screwin around for fun...
i got a lot of extra bulbs so next im gonna tint them like i did the front turn signal lamps only in a candy blue instead of the candy orange i did the fronts...
  that sequencial setup may have to wait a bit as i have better used for the $.