News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

installing a Tach.

Started by chargercalvin, January 09, 2007, 05:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargercalvin

I have a 72 charger with the stock 318 auto. can i insrall a tach. i know i nee tgree basic things; tachometer, wire, and the censor. what i need to know is if my car wich has never had a tach does have a censor for a tach. i just want to install consol tach

calvin

mikepmcs

Calvin
You should be able to install a tach in any car no matter what, so yes is the answer.   All you need is power, ground, and a coil.  The coil is what the center most wire on the distibutor cap is hooked to.  Some tachs have more wiring for things like lighting and stuff.  Copy and paste this link below and there are some basic install instructions for you.  Don't be afraid to ask questions when you get down to it as well.  We'll all be here for you.

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/stewarn8a.htm

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?