News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Switch to firefox still get occasional popups

Started by 69bananabeast, September 01, 2005, 07:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bananabeast

Havent had any popups from FireFox although I still get some from internet explorer out of nowhere . should I just delete IE ?
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Troy

You can't technically "delete" IE - it's built in to the operating system. If you are getting popups from IE and you aren't using it then you most likely have something installed that you don't want (a virus, trojan, spyware, or adware - most likely adware).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

ramit

I do not know much about computers but I ran the spybot search and destroy program and that took care of about 75% of my pop ups.  My google tool bar pop up blocker took care of the rest.  I probably only get about one pop up for every 24 hours online.

Charger_Fan

I've had Firefox on my home confuzer for almost a year now. I've only had ONE popup that I'm aware of...I damned near took a picture of it! :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Stormhammer

i LOVE firefox

I have them on both my pc's

whats great is that the college has them on all their pc's too

just wish websites would like, have it as a useable browser ( like Yahoo! Launch )

its sweet cause you can change skins and everything and tinker it to your liking  :yesnod:

I'm still waiting for a pop-up... -knocks on wood-

69bananabeast

yeah Ive got ad-aware  , spybot , and something from microsoft but I don't think Ive ran then in a week so maybe thats where I went wrong  :P
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)