News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Things like this make me a little nervous to be daily driving a classic car....

Started by TheGhost, September 01, 2005, 08:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGhost

Half an hour ago, some idiot in a Ford van ran a stopsign, and slammed into a little SUV (Ford Escape, maybe) about 3 blocks from my house. I was outside, taking pics of my dad's ham radio stuff, when I heard the firetruck. It stopped in front of the house of an elderly couple I know, so I went to see if they were okay.

The stop signs are on the street that runs east/west. The little SUV was on the west side of the intersection, stopped, and began to turn north. The van, coming from the east, blew through the stopsign, hit it broadside, and pushed the SUV untill it hit the curb, where it fliped onto it's driver side. This was all witnessed by a neighbor of my friends, so it's pretty accurate. The driver of the SUV had to be pulled out the roof of his vehicle. When they pulled the stretcher away, the guy had a neckbrace on... Hope he is okay... The driver of the van, of course, was unhurt. They did some drunkeness tests, walk the line, etc, then they took him away. The news crew showed up pretty quickly, and, when they started taping the van driver doing the tests, the cops made them leave.

What makes me nervous is all the unmarked intersections around here, where there are NO stop signs in either direction! I always stop at them, and check for cars coming, but, still.... Scary thought.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Telvis

NO stop signs in either direction?? That's scarry. I bet there are a lot of collisions. :rotz:

MoparYoungGun

TheGhost

Quote from: Telvis on September 01, 2005, 08:08:01 PM
NO stop signs in either direction?? That's scarry. I bet there are a lot of collisions. :rotz:

This is the first one I've seen since I moved here about 3 years ago...  I guess the people are just used to driving them, but, still, they make me nervous as hell...
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Telvis on September 01, 2005, 08:08:01 PM
Sounds like an intersection I happened to be at in Tijuana in about 1980...apparently, there were LOTS of accidents. :rotz:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Silver R/T

its not about signs, its about drivers, gotta use your common driving sense
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

The Mad Scientist

Call me crazy Ghostie, but I'd rather be in my Charger and get t boned by a light truck/van than say... a neon.

TheGhost

Quote from: The Mad Scientist on September 01, 2005, 11:40:56 PM
Call me crazy Ghostie, but I'd rather be in my Charger and get t boned by a light truck/van than say... a neon.

Yea, but I'm talking about reparing it later.  Old car parts, especially Mopar parts, are not cheap.

Bluebeast

Quote from: The Mad Scientist on September 01, 2005, 11:40:56 PM

So true.
1970 Dodge Charger 500 SE 4speed