News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Donations to the Red Cross

Started by Troy, September 01, 2005, 08:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

I know that the price of gas is a big worry for some people and it's easy to only see the bad things happening in the aftermath of the hurricane. However, let's also remember that there are hundreds of thousands of people affected by all of this - many have lost everything and are just trying to survive. I am sorry that I don't have the time to research the best charity/aid organization or to set anything up here for a group donation. I thought I would at least post this link for anyone who has a little extra to send.
http://store.yahoo.com/redcross-donate2/

Yahoo is taking donations that go 100% to the Red Cross. I figure it's probably the fastest way for the money, food, water, medical supplies, and workers to get to the area and make it better since they are already mobilized. I only saw credit cards listed as payment on the site but if there is enough interest I can set up an account with a local bank and take donations through this site. I really don't need to know who's donating or how much though. I'm not looking to make a big deal out of donating a check in the name of our little group but I think it would be nice to spread the word and help out our fellow Americans.

http://www.redcross.org/

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Brock Samson

That's great Troy, finally! news we can use!  :yesnod:

Drache

my friend on the Canadian D.A.R.T. team is ready to deploy once your president says it's ok....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Charger_Fan

Wow, look at that, they've almost collected 25 million already! That's awesome!

I'm going to donate & it will probably be on that Yahoo link, it looks pretty easy.
I wish I could donate on one of the boxes on the bottom line. :-\

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TheGhost

I wish I could donate, but, I lack the funds right now.  Buying the Barracuda, and moving out of my parents house, is pretty much cleaning me out for a couple months.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Telvis

The red cross is a great organization. I have donated to them for years. I wonder if we could get a collection going from the members here and take a pooled donation to the red cross. Maybe they would recognize our group somehow. It would be nice for the group to be recognized.  Something to think about. We could start a thread and have everyone send the funds to a paypal account. We could then send a Check to the red cross from DC.com.

Brock Samson

the latest figure is 93 million.

good goin guys!  :icon_smile_big:

41husk

we are taking collections here at my high school,  To date we have collected over 5k.  I think it is a great idea Troy.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Shakey

I have organized a shipment of donated articles (clothing, blankets, linens, sleeping bags, towels, caned food, diapers, toys, plastic cups & cutlery) from the folks in my office and in our manufacturing plant to be shipped directly to my customers head office in Boston, MA that will piggy back on their shipment of donations to their manufacturing plants in LA.

I sent the memo out yesterday AM and we already have 3 crates (5'x5'x5') and the shipment will not leave until Thursday.  I chose not to collect cash.  We will also be sending 10 skids of bottled water.

I only wish I could deliver it myself however at this point in time there is still no access to their facilities.  They have arranged for a plane to do a fly over and asses the damage.  They are still in the process of trying to contact their employees.

We feel that this is the least we could do for this customer as they have spent over $1M with us so far this year.

I pray all of my contacts down there are ok, they are a good bunch and we always have a good time  :cheers: when I visit.

yellowcuda

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda
69 Charger 426 Hemi (Jonathan's)
69 Charger 540 Blown Hemi (Jonathan's)
68 Charger (was gonna be DC.com car. Now it will be renamed)

69bananabeast

I'd say if funds are available to donate right now i'd advise  , donating blood. Im not really one who donated alot (only done once in life) but will be doing again . Live in south texas  and all the hospitals around our city have hardly and blood at all right now since most has been sent to LA.  There's always other things you can give besides money or clothing.
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

yellowcuda

I agreee. I checked the site for the next donation close to me and will be donating next week.  You guys aren't afraid of needles are you?!?!?  :P :P   They give you cookies :icon_smile_tongue:

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda
69 Charger 426 Hemi (Jonathan's)
69 Charger 540 Blown Hemi (Jonathan's)
68 Charger (was gonna be DC.com car. Now it will be renamed)

Arigmaster

I have some of my crews on their way down bringing 2 truckloads of food, water, and supplies and one truck with 5 generators. All were donated by clients, friends, relatives, our company, and many others. One of my crane vendors donated their time and equipment to make loading go quicker.

Steve P.

A handfull of us in my neck of the woods brought much of the same to the red cross pick up depot. I didn't go to the drop site but my buddy told me the trailers, (18 wheeler type), were pretty full. Lots of canned food and some grills.. They cannot carry propane in the trailers though..

Another one of our friends was there bringing stuff from his pawn shop.. Generaters, saws, pop up tables, folding chairs and he also wants to donate a motor home.. I told him I would drive it up if he couldn't..

There are many places doing the same around here.. I must say that I am proud of my neighbors..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

TheGhost

Blood is one thing I CAN donate.  I already set up an appointment for later this week.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TheGhost

moparguy01

Charger_Fan

TheGhost

Quote from: moparguy01 on September 07, 2005, 06:32:44 PM
Quote from: Ghost on September 07, 2005, 05:06:00 PM
That's one big mouth. :o

she'll make someone a fine wife one day.

Girlfriend, yes, wife, no.  When a woman says "I do", it really means "I don't do that no more." ;D

smasherofall

My son who is in the 82nd Airborne down in N.O. called me last night. He is with the crew that found the 22 dead bodies at the nursing home. He was pretty tore up about everything going on down there, he said the stench was unbearably nauseating. Big reality check for a 20 year old.

Charger_Fan

It's been a month, just sent in some more tonight.

Man, I couldn't imagine having to recover dead bodies that had been lying in vile water for x-amount of days. I have a pretty strong stomach, but I bet I'd puke all over the place.