News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

my friend... he died today...

Started by Stormhammer, September 01, 2005, 10:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormhammer

RIP: Chase Benton September 1st, 2005 :'( :'(

... I just heard word from my best friend that his dad was told from our scoutmaster - he was a really good friend of my mine... and I thought it was some mistake... but an ex of mine read what I had put in a journal and was like omg - and named the cars in this HUGE accident in front of my neighborhood... an eclipse, a dump truck, and a white silverado... chase drives a white silverado... and she took pics too... and I asked her for them...

:'( :'( :'( :'(

-EDIT- Images deleted because this link is going around by emails and some people just dont need to view the photos - geez, some people dont have any freaking respect  :flame:

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

he was still in high school too  :'(

Brock Samson

MoparYoungGun

I'm really sorry Storm, losing anybody close is a real hard time. You and your friends family will be in my prayers.

TheGhost

Damn, dude..... if you wanna talk, I know all to well how you feel....
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

General_01

Sorry to hear about your friend. :'( I had two classmates die in two seperate car accidents when I was in high school, so I understand a little about what your feeling. Stay close to your friends and remember the good times you had with your friend Chase.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Drache

Storm,

if you need to talk to a fellow Canadian whose been through the same thing... just let me know ok?
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

RD

storm, sorry to hear your loss. You are in my prayers, as well as the family members of your friend.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Charger_Fan

That's really bad news, Man.
I've lost 2 friends of mine through the years, one which everyone thought was practically indestructible. He was a hell of a guy.

Sorry you lost your friend. My best wishes go to his family.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Stormhammer

it just really hits home because he was in our patrol in boyscouts - and for anyone who's been in that  - you know that it builds on hell of a bond between the guys

and even more because it was him that helped me get my Charger cranked up and running, it was him that showed me how to replace all the gaskets and adjust the lifters and rockers, he always tried to help me out with it...

and just because he was so young...

:'( :'( :'( :'(

Drache

all I can say is... start that engine in your charger and rev it loud as a salute no matter what the neighbors say!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Silver R/T

so what happened? someone was chased and hit your friend?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Stormhammer

talking to my mom who saw skid marks from the dump truck - and my ex who sent me the pics from what cars were involved, and where that truck is... i think i can give an idea of what happened

the eclipse might have tried to turn left in time before the oncoming dump truck - and the dump truck ( heading towards you in the pictures ) swerved to the left to avoid the Eclipse because the skid marks from it curve to the left towards where the truck is...

I dont know if my friend was driving and got hit or was in that driveway to exit out and got hit

but thats what  looks like happened...  :'(

TheGhost

Just pure bad luck, then....  Was anyone else injured, if you don't mind my asking...?

Stormhammer

I don't know - it doesnt seem like it, if anyone else it'd be the drive of the dump truck

Telvis

God bless him and his family. It's going to be a rough time. They will be in our prayers.  :-[

Lowprofile

"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

CFMopar

1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

Stormhammer

here's what happened...

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=32&url_article_id=5859&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2

I was hoping to god that maybe he made it or something or that it might have been the wrong pickup truck...

:'(

Shakey

Sad to hear that type of news.  Go support his family.

Plumcrazy

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Charger_Croatia

Sorry for your loss Strom, I now haw you can feel. I had some too in last couple of years.  :'(
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

mopar_madman

Sorry to hear of your loss, my prayers are with you.
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

TruckDriver

Sorry to hear about your friend Storm
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

muscle4me33

"You should enter a ballpark the way you enter a church." - Bill Lee

yellowcuda

I didn't even hear about the accident yesterday!!  I am so sorry for what you are going through.  Any way we can help, let us know.

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda
69 Charger 426 Hemi (Jonathan's)
69 Charger 540 Blown Hemi (Jonathan's)
68 Charger (was gonna be DC.com car. Now it will be renamed)

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

volk68

Sorry for your loss...prayers are headed your way.

Johnny SixPack

So sorry to hear this.

You have my thoughts and prayers.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

6pkrunner

Sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers and sympathies go out to you and the families involved.

derailed

Sorry to hear the news. I lost an Uncle in a car accident. you almost wish you could turn back the clock to the day before. Well keep in our prayers.

DarkAngel0816

I am sorry to hear about this.  Thoughts and prayers for those who were close to him.
I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone

Goldfinger71

Storm',
I am sorry to hear about your friend :icon_smile_sad:,I didn't even know him and I felt like I could hardly look at the pics you posted.I lost a dear friend of mine as well  many years ago in a motorcycle accident :angel:.....
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Stormhammer

thanks guys - the funeral was today ( Sunday )  :-\

I'm gonna really miss that guy - he was really big hearted and always helpful

-sigh-

:'(

We'll miss you Chase