News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Will tilt steering from '75-'79 Cordoba/Charger fit?

Started by TruckDriver, January 11, 2007, 06:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Will tilt a steering column from '75-'79 Cordoba and or Charger work in a '72 Charger? I would like to try that in mine if they will.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

no318

Don't think so.  71-72 should interchange, I think.  73 up have rubber mounts under k frame.  73 is by itself.  74 is different.  Don't know about 75 up.

hemihead

Try a search here on this topic, I believe this was covered. Or maybe on the old forum.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Charger1973

Yeah I would like to know too.  73 might be more likely to work than 71/72.  I want to be able to put headers in without too much trouble though and I already know thats supposedly a problem with the 73 column.  SO swapping them could possibly even help my cause.  I dont know without looking into it more though. 

no318

I just swapped one in a 73 roadrunner and after getting a hold of 3 wrong ones, I have pretty much decided that 73 is all by itself.  The bolt pattern of the plate that bolts to the firewall is different.  I know that I had one out of a 74 that would not work and I think one was a 71-72 style.  73 has the rubber rag joint style connector at the steering gear.

TruckDriver

I had this same question posted at Moparts, and got this answer. But if anyone knows about the Cordobas, I'd still like to know.

"Try 1971-72 C-body as they have the same parts as the 71-2 B-body cars. You can shorten length of shaft and the column mount should be the same. If you have a 1972 dealers parts book, it shows both model cars in the tilt columns together."
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P