News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Look what I found hidding behind a garbage truck.

Started by moparnutty, January 11, 2007, 10:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparnutty

I've known about this this Superbird for a long time. The owner won't sell it. His X wife got pissed at him and put a few bullet holes in it. He had them fixed but never drives it.

69_500

So do you drive your 500 over there to check the car out? To try to get him talking about the car? Thats what I do around here.

daytonalo

GO THROW 100K AT THE WIFE !!!!!!!!!! LET ME KNOW HOW IT WORKS OUT FOR YOU!!!!!

moparnutty

I tried driving the C500 over and talking to him, but he won't even talk. I have a friend at work that knows him,and If he changes his mind about selling he will let me know.

daytonalo

Again , let the guy go to work , knock on the door , throw money at the wife , DRIVE CAR HOME

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparnutty on January 11, 2007, 10:35:11 PM
I've known about this this Superbird for a long time. The owner won't sell it. His X wife got pissed at him and put a few bullet holes in it. He had them fixed but never drives it.

Sad.. just sad...........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

daytonalo

69_500

Then her half is the half with the bullet holes. Which if and when he sells it, would be worth less than his half which woud be bullet hole free. :) So split it the sale 75/25 and call it even.

73chgrSE

Is the garbage truck just parked there for theft prevention?  Haha

moparnutty

He was a garbage contractor with the county, until the county started there own hauling. I guess he got fed up with people wanting to buy the car, so he put the old garbage trucks out front. I think he ran the wife off.   

Charger1973

Quote from: moparnutty on January 12, 2007, 10:52:46 PM
He was a garbage contractor with the county, until the county started there own hauling. I guess he got fed up with people wanting to buy the car, so he put the old garbage trucks out front. I think he ran the wife off.   

Sounds like a friendly guy  :-\

moparnutty

I took the picture while driving by, if you stop he will come out and run ya off.

no318

They are out there.  I got a call from a "customer" just yesterday thinking of sellling his superbird.  I have worked on the car before, most recently, last spring.  It has 36-38k ACTUAL and he bought it in 1972!!!  When he threw out a $$$ number, he wasn't serious about it.  IF he decides he is SERIOUS about letting it go, I will make a post about it with pics.  All I am saying, is there are more of these "what a shame" cars out there than a guy thinks.

62 Max

Ghoste

You should pose some cattle around that car just for added effect.  ;D

Blown70

Quote from: Ghoste on January 13, 2007, 10:34:20 AM
You should pose some cattle around that car just for added effect.  ;D

I think a few other cars is dis repair would also add to the effect?  Maybe even put it on blocks and take the wheels off?   ;D

Ghoste

Or a flock of vultures and maybe one of those steer heads you see in the desert.

4cruzin

Sad how some of these car just sit around and rot away . .
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

hemi68charger

Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

69_500

Beep Beep Dave

Hey lets have some addresses on you guys...I will make your wife an offer for your car...

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

hemigeno

I think it would take a jury of 12 wives who lost a garage space and a husband (most weekends) to a musclecar to convict a guy for what would happen after that...

69_500

I know my wife, and I know that she wouldn't take any offers on the 500. So go ahead and make her an offer. She likes the 500 more than a Daytona, so no worry of her selling it for another car, or anything else really.

62 Max

She doesn't have keys to the garage! :icon_smile_big:

hemi68charger

Quote from: 62 Max on January 15, 2007, 07:13:55 PM
She doesn't have keys to the garage! :icon_smile_big:

Two 'Birds !!??  You need a hemi Charger... lol
Troy