News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where's the best place to purchase restoration gasket kits?

Started by WH23G3G, January 12, 2007, 12:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

I'm needing several gaskets for remounting some of the components to my 73 and I hate having to buy each individual gasket at $5-$10 a gasket everytime at Year One. Year One is most convient to me, since I can drive there in 45 mins. But they don't have all the stuff for 73-74s, some of the gaskets I need too. I had to make my own wiper pivot gaskets out of some foam sponge they sell in 8x11.5 sheets at Wal-Mart, I don't know if it's as durable as the original material, I doubt it, but it looks and feels like the original stuff. But for some of the gaskets I don't have originals that can be used as templates. Like the dust seals behind the disc brake shields, the steering column to firewall gasket is destroyed, the brake booster gasket is gone, and the master cylinder to brake booster gasket is gone. Is there a full gasket kit like offered in the Year One catalog, that's available from another source for dramatically lower price? This looks like the best option for me to get for all the gaskets I need, but this late in the project I need to save every buck I can as I'm preparing to go ahead and get the transmission rebuilt in the next two weeks, and the engine rebuilt whenever I receive tax money back.

Shakey

Quote from: WH23G3G on January 12, 2007, 12:57:45 AM
I'm needing several gaskets for remounting some of the components to my 73 and I hate having to buy each individual gasket at $5-$10 a gasket everytime at Year One. Year One is most convient to me, since I can drive there in 45 mins. But they don't have all the stuff for 73-74s, some of the gaskets I need too. I had to make my own wiper pivot gaskets out of some foam sponge they sell in 8x11.5 sheets at Wal-Mart, I don't know if it's as durable as the original material, I doubt it, but it looks and feels like the original stuff. But for some of the gaskets I don't have originals that can be used as templates. Like the dust seals behind the disc brake shields, the steering column to firewall gasket is destroyed, the brake booster gasket is gone, and the master cylinder to brake booster gasket is gone. Is there a full gasket kit like offered in the Year One catalog, that's available from another source for dramatically lower price? This looks like the best option for me to get for all the gaskets I need, but this late in the project I need to save every buck I can as I'm preparing to go ahead and get the transmission rebuilt in the next two weeks, and the engine rebuilt whenever I receive tax money back.

Try contacting Jim Fillmore at:

http://www.detroitmuscletechnologies.com/

He might be able to help you.