News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Red 68 interior

Started by ds440, January 13, 2007, 11:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ds440

I was asked to post pics of my interior.

As far as I know all the obvious stuff is original.  Over the years the color has faded in places (especially plastic pieces) - it's started to look either brown or purple in places.  The radio and the clock are gone.  And the rear package tray was replaced.  The headliner is ripped, and the dome lens is gone.  The front seats need re-skinned, but the rear are okay.  The driver's side upper door panel has been removed, but I still have it.  The previous owner painted the car purple and as you'll see - he painted the lower door panels purple as well. ::)  The original interior door paint was red.  You can kinda see it where I removed the upper door panel.  The original exterior color was white.

I hope this helps.

1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

ds440

More.

ds440

Last ones...

terrible one

Haha wow, what a color combo! I'll bet that thing looked real sharp back in the day though, white with red guts...

ds440

You're telling me... :sick:  Purple and red?!

The original color is white, black top, red interior with stripe delete.  I plan on painting it white again...but it needs work. :rotz:

The previous owner told me he was planning on changing the interior to black when he lost interest and bought a corvette instead. ::)  I like to think I 'saved' this car. ;D

694spdRT

In case you don't know there will be various shades of red in your interior from the factory. The dash pads will be a darker red than everything else. The soft products will often darken over time due to dirt, grime, etc. and the plastics will fade out.

Here is my interior although a 1969 version.

BTW: Are those the original floor mats? I have never seen an original red set.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

ds440

Beautiful car, 694spdRT! ;)

Yeah, I noticed that there were different shades of red.  Specifically in the pleats in the seat - they're darker.  At least one of the previous owners was a smoker (I found, what looked to be, 20 year old butts in the ash tray), so there's some grime here and there.  But mostly typical age and wear.

As for the floormats...that's a good question.  I have no idea.  They read "Chrysler Parts" on them, but...?  I've never seen another like them, but my expertise is right around "rank amateur" compared to most on this board.  I always thought they might be a dealer installed item.  But if anyone knows, please speak up. :yesnod:

Charger-Bodie

thanks for the referance pics ;D
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

694spdRT

Quote from: ds440 on January 13, 2007, 01:47:59 PM
As for the floormats...that's a good question.  I have no idea.  They read "Chrysler Parts" on them, but...?  I've never seen another like them, but my expertise is right around "rank amateur" compared to most on this board.  I always thought they might be a dealer installed item.  But if anyone knows, please speak up. :yesnod:

I saw some at the Charger Registry Meet this year in a white car with green interior. I should have took a picture. They were also in a column automatic car and I think it was a one piece mat that extended over the floor tunnel and connected both sides. The guy was very knowledgeable and claimed they were original. Could be a dealer installed option like you said.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

JimShine

A guy I knew in Maine had a '68 white with red interior Charger. He thought it would be cool for me to restore my '68 white with green guts back to stock and show them off together.

8WHEELER

I blew it big time not buying this 68 7yrs ago. Silver/White Top, Red interior, no rust in the trunk, even
though it kind of looks like it, its just a little dirt and water. No rust in the 1/4's just one fender. It was an
all original 383 4bbl car, one owner car. The interior is pretty good for not being touched.

He sold it for 4k, the guy put a 440 in it, painted it black, wrapped it around a phone pole in 1 year  :flame:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

8WHEELER

8WHEELER

mint headliner and shoulder belts  :yesnod: