News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Speaker wiring with factory fader control - Confused

Started by Dodge Don, January 14, 2007, 08:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodge Don

As I've noted before....electrical stuff is not my strong suit. So this may seem like a silly question:

I have dual rear speakers and a single front speaker and the factory speaker fader control. How do I wire this up? To make it simple let's use the following terms:

Passenger side rear speaker has wires A and B coming off it

Drivers side rear speaker has wires C and D coming off it

Front speaker has wires E and F coming off it

Speaker fader control has 3 wires coming off it
- Black wire G comes off far left post
- Grey wire H comes off middle post
- Green wire I comes off far right post

Radio has wires J and K coming off iit

So how do these all hook up?? Don't see any wiring diagrams that cover this.

???

bull

I'm no wiring expert either but the topic is covered on this '68 diagram:

bull

Here's a bigger one. It's as big as I can go with the 200 kb size limitations. I hope it helps:  :o

Doc MoPar

On a related note, where does the fader control mount??  I have a restoration book that shows it under the dash kinda by the shifter and reverse light if so equipped.  But I also see on e-bay a R. Speaker plate that fits someplace on the dash??  Just curious if anyone knows for sure  where the thing goes.  Pics would be nice as well.

JimShine

1968 its on the radio bezel to the right hand side. On 1969 and 1970 cars its down at the bottom of the dash.