News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How hard & expensive is it to Change Interior Color?..

Started by Brock Samson, January 15, 2007, 12:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

i'm thinking black to white or saddle tan on a '69 R/T SE..
what would be the best way to proceed?..
in your opinion..
thanks in advance gang...  :angel:

694spdRT

It would be cheaper and easier to change to white because you can leave your dash, carpet, console, seatbelts, and various other things black that would otherwise have to be changed with tan. The rest of the changes could probably be dyed other than the seat covers and headliner. I think white would be an excellent choice for your color combo.  :yesnod:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Charger1973

Tan will be expensive and hard to get with all the GLs owners out there.  But they do make some tan peices, just not sure how much of it. 

Brock Samson

did ya' see that photoshop thread?..
my car looks like barf! lol!

Mike DC

Is black too hot in the summer or something?

If you're wanting to lighten-up the black vinyl without totally changing the looks of the car, have you thought about just getting some seat vinyl done in medium grey?  You wouldn't have to redo/spray half the interior that way either.  You could just do like the seatcovers & door panels, or something.

I know grey is not a stock original Charger interior color, but Legendary can do just about any custom color you want if you sent them a few samples.  They charged the same extra money/time as just getting a factory non-black color last I checked.

Brock Samson

thanks fellas! just daydreaming...
the road runner is black with dark gray inserts on the seats and doors... kinda hard to see... i wish the gray was a bit lighter...

no but the charger would be too problematic i was just wondering what another dark blue paint job with a saddle tan int would look like...
i seen one that combo, the Dukes show repainted charger that came out a yr or so ago...
looked great to me. 
thanks again for the info!

THE CHARGER PUNK

This is kinda like your car and i think it looks good :yesnod:-MATT

THE CHARGER PUNK

JimShine

Quote from: Charger1973 on January 15, 2007, 03:55:18 PM
Tan will be expensive and hard to get with all the GLs owners out there.  But they do make some tan peices, just not sure how much of it. 

I actually find that Dukes fans are most likely to just dye their interiors like the show did. Its the factory tan interior guys that drive the prices up as they want to refine the condition and usually the tan stuff is faded and cracked. The good stuff goes to these guys and very rarely a GL clone owner.