News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Heater box Gaskets

Started by chargerguy111, January 18, 2007, 03:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerguy111

Does anyone know where to place every gasket on a 68 B-Body heater box?I just received my kit yesterday and there seems to be more gaskets than I remember when I took it apart.Thanks all.

Shakey

Quote from: chargerguy111 on January 18, 2007, 03:09:55 PM
Does anyone know where to place every gasket on a 68 B-Body heater box?I just received my kit yesterday and there seems to be more gaskets than I remember when I took it apart.Thanks all.

I restored my heater box last year and made a lot of my own gaskets.  I know I had asked many questions here prior to doing it so check out the threads and you may find the two or three threads we had going around the same time.

Meanwhile, if you post some pics of all of the gaskets, it may jog my memory and myself and others should be able to point you in the right direction.

Chatt69chgr

What kind of gasket material did you use and where did you get it.  I need to rebuild my heater box and want to make sure that the gasket material I use won't turn into powder in 3 years. 

Shakey

I just used some stuff from work.  Not sure who manufactures it but it looks just like the stuff that came off of my original.

Chatt69chgr

OK.  Thanks on the gasket info.  I may search around some of the auto parts places and see what they have.  I have some of the originals to take along for comparison.  If I run across anything that looks good I will post the information.

johntpr

Another choice - From   www.restorick.com

66-70 B-body Heater Box Gasket Set
Details

This kit makes heater box restoration a snap. Pre-cut foam pieces & all needed gaskets for rebuilding a 66-70 B-body non-air heater box.

Price: $39.00