News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Shop Car dollies

Started by DC_1, September 02, 2005, 08:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC_1

Anyone got any good pics of some dollies i can make to move the car around in the garage once I pull the drive line and K member? Or even some advise on where I should attach them. Bumper mounts on the frame I suppose.

Roth68rt

This company sells tire skates that you can put frame mounts on, very inexpensive. 

accessiblesystems.com

Lowprofile

I know the stunt coordinator that works on WWE has a really nice set of car dollies/skates that he uses to move JBL's limo & Eddie Gurarrio's Low riders around backstage. I'll get some pics & info for you and post it on Tuesday. :yesnod:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Steve P.

There are many styles of tire skates. You need to look at a few basics first.

Is the area they are to be used on flat and smooth or rough, hilly or even like gravel??

The smoother the better. The more coarse the drive is the bigger the wheel will need to be. If it's REAL bad you can forget it!!

Good garage floor: Measure the base of your jack stands. Add 4 inches both directions. Cut 4 pieces of 3/4" plywood to this size. Then cut 3/4 plywood into 2 inch strips. (enough to make an outside band. Flip it over and screw it all together with 4) 200 pound or better casters.. The better the caster, the easier the move. Also the same for the bigger the caster, the easier the move.

After screwing 4 of these assemblies together, drink a beer and set your jack stands on them to the inside of the bands.. Now you can jack it up to the needed hight and remove anything you want..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida