News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Repro 3rd gen upper door/rear panels - anyone used them?

Started by Charger1973, January 22, 2007, 01:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger1973

Im thinking about ordering some from Legendary for my car but it says it does not include the top metal rail.  So I take it that means you get the material and have to tear your old ones down and build the new ones.  Has anyone done this?  Im curious what all it consists of.  Do they supply the bottom cardboard at least? 

mikesbbody

so your buying replacement uppers from legendary, and it doesnt include the metal rail? i have not bought my new uppers yet so i cant say but im guessing you have to use your old ones? in their catalog it mentions nothing about metal rails, or cardboard.

rudyjrusa

Quote from: Charger1973 on January 22, 2007, 01:19:40 AM
Im thinking about ordering some from Legendary for my car but it says it does not include the top metal rail.  So I take it that means you get the material and have to tear your old ones down and build the new ones.  Has anyone done this?  Im curious what all it consists of.  Do they supply the bottom cardboard at least? 

they have the SE type panels for 1973 or 1974.  i was looking for the Brougham upper front and rear door panels and they do not make them.  Nobody makes them.  Legendary say they will probably never make them since it is hard to fabricate the chrome around the door handle and not as popular.  kind of stuck with the ones i have.  maybe we can push them somehow to make them.  if there is enough of a reponse - maybe they will change there mind.  it would be great if they had new ones. 

also, nobody makes the rear lower panels with the seat belt panel trim.  i am trying to get the manufacturer to mold the rear kick panels with the seat belt panel trim.  so maybe they will be available in a couple of months.