News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WHERE TO RUN FUEL LINE.

Started by Blown70, September 03, 2005, 12:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blown70

SO,  I am planning my 70 Charger project...... to put it lightly it is a project.

I want to exit the exhaust behind the drivers door. 

Fuel cell.  Where do I run the fuel line so as not to get too close to the exhaust?

OR will the exhaust be cool enough by the time it gets over?   

Distance anyone would suggest.

how do they do it on AAR/TA cars.....

HELP ???

Charger4404spd

Run them on the right side. You using braided line I suppose?

Blown70

Well yes. however I am thinking I could run it midway beteen the drive shaft and exhaust.  I have two hoops and I think the drive shaft will only be about 2 ft long anyway....

I was debating on Stainless or braided.  Which ever is best.

I will exit both exhaust on the respective side.  thought my custom made(when I get them made in the shop) ground fx.

NOTHER ONE

Brake likes prone to heat too I suppose?

TIme to flip the car over....

Charger4404spd

As long as you can keep the lines a foot or so away from the exhaust, you should be ok. So whys the driveshaft gonna be so short? You setting the engine back?

Blown70

Ohh I think I am not at least 6+ inches back from the stock position of the motor.  I will have  a motor cleaned up for mock up next week then I will know better.

Charger4404spd

Sounds good, you need to post some pics! You have the blown hemi together yet?

Blown70

ohhh no, that will be some time.   I have just change my mind from running a 440, to the HEMI.   And I want a KB so..... I will mock up with my 440. and get a set of alum. Hemi heads for mock up I would say this will be awhile.   I need   a new front end too......

I must be dam stupid.....or a crazy charger owner....

cudaken

I am mounting right beside the stock lines. If you blow a U-joint loop or not it could take out the gas line.

I am using 1/2 ID braided lines my self, got a hell of a deal on it. 18 foot of Russel and Holley Blue pump for $103.00 and are new. Guy I bought them from is in prison, I wonder why? Using 2 holley blue pumps, that should feed her till one goes bad. ;D

Cuda Ken 
I am back

SuBLimE 69

Quote from: Charger4404spd on September 03, 2005, 12:34:08 PM
Run them on the right side. You using braided line I suppose?
Thats how I did mine, Used 8An steel braided right along the frame rail

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

Chryco Psycho

you can always fab up a thin metal sheild just above the exhaust to deflect heat , the AAr runs the line down the outside rocker same as any production vehicle