News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

you call that white?

Started by mikesbbody, January 26, 2007, 04:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikesbbody

this is my first topic in interior and im a novice when it comes to interior. I bought white panels from accuform and palco, the accuform ones were not so good, palco were better but i wasnt happy with the so called "white" more like yellow if you ask me! so i decide to make them whiter. to cut a long story short i discovered the creamy color that they called "white" was actually paint! and underneath they really were white why did they do this? has this happened to anyone else? btw this paint was on both accuform, and palco panels i have since removed it and its looking like how i wanted it to look (but took awhile to remove) while i like white i have come to the conclusion its not worth the trouble! i think ill go with black next time! black will definitly stay cleaner im sure! ps the fit on both accuform and palco wasnt that great iether are legendary any better?

Nacho-RT74

I have noticed White in mopars are more OFF WHITE than hardcore white, so probably they paint the panels to get an accurate Mopar white coming from factory.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

41husk

That sounds like some kind of protective covering, if the correct color is underneath.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

mikesbbody

I thought about what you said 41husk and it seems like a logical explanation that the top color is a protective coat and the true color is underneath but to answer what nacho-rt74 mentioned the difference between white and the color i got was like night and day! i saw some white panels on cars at show's (some pf tim wellborns charger's at carlisle) at the were alot whiter than my panels.
It had me wondering "why dont mine look like that" i was so disappointed with them i painted up my old panels and put them back on.