News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need a driver crown vic or caprice?

Started by CFMopar, September 03, 2005, 07:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFMopar

Maybe one of the cops can ansewer this on the board. Going to buy a x cop car and wonder the crown vics or the 9c1 caprices?
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

Lightning

get a ex-cop Diplomat or Gran Fury! show the M-bodies some love!
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

Badbob

Cops prefer the Vic but both are gas hogs making them poor choices for daily drivers.

Wakko

The Crown Vic is more of a piece of crap than the Caprice.  However, it has better steering (ALOT better) and colder a/c.  The Caprice (aka the Manatee) is much faster and much more durable but handles like a peanut.  The 4.6 CV is slooooooooow and eats trannies.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

CFMopar

Im leaning more towards the caprice. I know a guy with one and he says he gets good highway mileage... His has 273 rear the one im looking at has a 3.08 rear but cant be to much of a difference.

Drache

There's a caprice cop car for sale in Quesnel... just a few bullet holes....  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

bull

Wakko

In all seriousness, if I ever got married and had kids and needed a "family four door sedan" I'd consider getting a police car style Crown Vic, keep it looking like a cop car and put a blower on it to supplement the engine.  Nobody messes with you and people get out of your way.  :)
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

CFMopar

My friend with the 9c1 caprice has a old sargents car with the ram on the front still. People move when hes on the highway.

Lowprofile

Cop Car Pics..........
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

MoparYoungGun

Marshall, from 96-01 the Crown Vic's came with intakes that were partly made from plastic and after awhile will develop small cracks and begin to leak antifreeze. This happened to my dad while we were at a local race track. Long story, had to get it towed, didn't get home tell 3:30am, etc. Anywho, if you own a 96-98 Crown Vic Ford will replace the intake. The 99-01 models will get an extended warranty on the intake itself. Just something to think about. Good luck :cheers: !

Wakko

He's 100% right on the intake!!  Where the plastic and metal join will separate too.  I had this happen to my '99 I used to have.  I take care of my cars and would feel when problems would develop and have them repaired, so she was still running strong at 75k miles when I had to turn it back in.  Original A/C, starter, tranny, the works.  I'd had to swap out the alternator, one of the coils and the rearend seals and that's it.   Here's my new '05 and my old '99.   

Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM