News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TOO OLD I GUESS

Started by 400/6/PAC, January 28, 2007, 09:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

400/6/PAC

Damm Guy's
I can build a house, a car, a highrise, I can raise kids, and I can even keep the ole laddy happy But I'll be DAMMMMMMED IF i CAN POST A PIC.
What the hell do I have to do to post a pic.
It always says FILE TOO LARGE or YOU NEED A jpeg OR mpeg.
I Think in 2007 they should just be able to post the DAMMM THING.
Am I wrong or just to Damm old.

Mean 318

go to tinypic.com and upload your pic, it will give you a code to paste on here, when you post it up, a pic will show up! Good Luck!

terrible one

For obvious reasons, pictures uploaded to the site can't be very large in file size because of the bandwidth and everything. You're right, you do have to make the picture pretty small to post it here sometimes.

If your pictures are too big, try uploading them to an external site. I use http://imageshack.us All you have to do is click the upload button there, select the picture on your computer, and then the site will provide you with links that you can copy and paste into a post. The "Hotlink For Forums" will post the picture directly, just like you had uploaded it to the site. If you need any more help don't hesitate to ask. Furthermore, you can e-mail me the pictures you want to post and I will post them for you if it comes to that.

Cheers!

400/6/PAC

mikepmcs

if you are just posting pics to be put up here to view then you can send em to me and tell me where you want them and i'll post em for you. for the most part, just resize them under 200kb in whatever picture program you use, and name them obscure stuff, so there is no chance that name has been used here before(ex: likujhpuab1) just hit a bunch of stuff on the keyboard.  there are literally thousands of pictures on this site.

if you are looking for pics under your id name or under your signature, then you will have to do what the boys suggested above and get another service to host them.  also, if you go to the help section, there are all kinds of threads explaining how to do this.
welcome aboard.  :wave:

rmdracing@adelphia.net

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

ChargerSG

Get photoshop and just change size,save as in jpeg, tadaaa its under 200k :yesnod:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

bull

When I post pics here I usually save them to my desktop and then "right click ---> properties" to find out how large they are. If they are over 200 KB then I do another "right click ---> open with" and choose a program that allows you to manipulate the size of the photo. In my case it's Microsoft Picture It. Yours might be something entirely different but when you do the open with function you'll have some choices. Once the picture is open in your photo manipulation program you can change the size, make it a jpeg, gif or png, etc. It will take some trial and error to figure out what settings work for you. In my case I'm looking at a picture in Microsoft Picture It right now that's 1818 pixels wide by 1228 pixels tall and I know that's too big. I usually have to have the photos no more than 800 pixels wide (the height is usually changed automatically) for the picture to end up being a manageable 200 KB. Then you can do "file ---> save as" and name it and put it wherever you want it and make sure it's a jpeg. Many times I've been able to change a photo on my desktop to a jpeg simply by adding .jpg or .jpeg to the end of its name.

Ater all that it might sometimes tell you there's another photo here by the same name so you might have to rename some of them and try posting agaiin.