News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

aftermarket seatbelts

Started by Chargerfanatic, January 29, 2007, 07:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chargerfanatic

Is anyone famliar with an aftermarket seatbelt that has the shoulder and lap belt together like new cars? It is going in a 71 Charger. I want it to be safe but I don't want to have the shoulder belt hanging down all the time.

87 Shelby GLHS

jaak

Chargerfanatic,
  Do a search on ebay, I saw some nice new 3 point retractable belts, for around 50 buyit now.  They had all the 'generic' colors black, tan, gray.  It's a new universal belt but should mount in the factory locations. Or just do a search for places that sell hot rod and aftermarker parts, or check out jc whitneys website.
  Hope this helps some.

Jason

mauibarber

This was my question about two weeks ago, no response...

Anybody know if these seat belts should work on my 69 charger.  I only have lap belts now and dont want to drop $500 on OEM belts.  I assume I would need to reuse my original bolts?  What appealed to me on these belts was no dumb headliner retractor system.  It looks like the whole thing works like a modern seatbelt.  Any information is appreciated.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SEAT-BELT-dodge-CHARGER-66-06-05-04-03-02-01-00-99-98_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50458QQihZ014QQitemZ330071007468QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

mikepmcs

Maui

My only thing is, looking at those, how do you get the shoulder portion to work.  Looking at that picture I see a bolt that looks like it would need to be screwed into somewhere high enough for the shoulder portion to work. Where the heck would you bolt that to???

I'd be happy to just put lap belts in mine, i don't have any at all.

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Chargerfanatic

I had found these. But I don't know yet how they mount. I seen YO had non retractable, but I would be in the same situation with it hanging down. My car is a toy so it doesn't have to be factory original. Thanks guys for the input.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Universal-3-Point-Retractable-Seat-Belt_W0QQitemZ180028098110QQihZ008QQcategoryZ33725QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

87 Shelby GLHS

mauibarber

Couldn't you use the bolt hole for the factory shoulder belts?  Or is the hole to small? Perhaps your bolt hole is covered by your headliner?  I only have the factory lapbelts, for some reason the shoulder belts disapeared from the car.

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 30, 2007, 09:06:38 AM
Maui

My only thing is, looking at those, how do you get the shoulder portion to work.  Looking at that picture I see a bolt that looks like it would need to be screwed into somewhere high enough for the shoulder portion to work. Where the heck would you bolt that to???

I'd be happy to just put lap belts in mine, i don't have any at all.

mikepmcs

Oh i'm guessing mine are covered.  The ad does say it fits those years and I imagine the bolts are most likely pretty standard size.  You should call them and see if they have any input as in feedback from previous sales specifically on a charger.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?