News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

cant post a pic

Started by 400/6/PAC, January 29, 2007, 08:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

400/6/PAC

I have tried and tried to post a pic until I cried and cried.
That didn't work either.
I resized my photo to less then 200kb and now every time I try to upload it says there is already a file with that name and to rename.
OK so I rename and it says the same thing.
I even tried under a new topic.
Can you guys PLEASE make this easier for us.
Thanks

mikepmcs

just send them to me at rmdracing@adelphia.com and i'll post them for you.  tell me where you want them posted(topic, etc....).

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Troy

I made it easy once and the server started running out of room. People would post the same pic 500 times (but the server sees it as 500 different pics) or post MASSIVE pics which would take hours for out members on dial-up to download. The problem with picture names is that all cameras of the same brand use the same numbering scheme. Figure on what, 8-10 major brands and over 10,000 pictures posted on the site and there's gonna be a clash. The simplest way to make sure your picture names don't interfere with anything else on the server is to stick your initials or some other identifier in the name. For example, my cameras store pictures with a name like DSC10001.jpg so I rename it to DSC1001_sm_tp.jpg (the "sm" is for "small" after I resize it). No one else does this so I never get an error. I really am working of an automatic resizer for the forum but it requires a software library that isn't cooperating with me.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

400/6/PAC

Thanks for the offer to resize for me but I got it figured out and was able to post my pics.