News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vent window on 69

Started by moparjohn, September 03, 2005, 08:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparjohn

My drivers side vent window will not stay open at speed. I mean 35mph or more it blows shut. Were is the adjustment made. I have looked and cannot see it . I figure it is in the door up high at the base of the vent and not the pivot on the outer door triangle frame. John
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

G Force

I have the same problem on both sides of  my 70 and would love to correct it. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Just 6T9 CHGR

The adjustment for the vent window is below the pivot itself.  Its just a phillips screw that has to be tightned.  You might be able to reach it with the upper pad off.....I adjusted mine when I had the frames out of the door.

Take the panel off and look underneath the window itself and you should see what I am talking about
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparjohn

Thanks Chris,  I see it now way up and hard to reach.   Don't forget if you have Sat the 10th off come out to the Mopar Car B Que! John

chargerhunter

Where can I get the screw that goes in the top of the vent window. Mine is missing.
mlott@csipaper.com
68 Charger R/T clone 440/4spd
converted to '69 General Lee

68 Charger 383/727

moparjohn

I'm sorry I don't know what screw you mean.  Do you mean the screw that goes on the pivot that srews from the inside?